Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sunny & Tim are Engaged!!!!


Ok ok ok.....so it's time I finally end the silence and SAY SOMETHING!!!! (I know this is not usual, but TRUST ME...lots has been happening around here lately!!)

Needless to say, I am quite excited!!! ;-) But more than excited, I am just plain inspired and encouraged to see how God has led in Sunny and Tim's relationship the last four+ years. No, it hasn't all been candle light and roses....there has been challenges as well. (See previous post!) Yet, even through the difficult times, God worked and brought out an even more beautiful love.

It seems as I look at the beautiful things in life, and the rare sacred love that only a few have discovered, I realize that those gifts that really mean something did not come without sacrifice. Those gifts did not come without pain. It's like, each had to go through their own separate "Lazarus experience" or a death to a dream/vision before God brought about His reward and His plan!! (Of course His plan is always more beautiful than what we would have chosen!!)

So....now to the fun stuff!! As you've probably already read in Sunny and Tim's post - last Monday (Feb 25th) was the special day!! Tim asked his parents, Sunny's mom, and our parents for their blessing and then plans proceeded forward. (I had previously joked with Tim about the fact that when the time came, he needed to ask MY permission too!) He didn't quite do that, but I was honored and surprised when, about a week or so before the special day, he brought me into his confidences to help him in research and planning to orchestrate the perfect moment!! I have to give Tim credit....He really put a lot of creative thinking and time into making this day turn out so special for Sunny! (I was amazed! And Sunny was too....which is what really counts!!)

It was great fun to part of Tim's "under-cover agent team." However, the Thursday before the event Sunny began to wonder if something might be up. He'd already asked her if she'd like to spend the day snow skiing. That was a no-brainer, as Sunny had been begging him to do that for months. So he figured it would be the perfect decoy to keep Sunny unsuspecting. He even allowed her to help plan the day! However...she became suspicious something might be up since he'd told her he was gonna pack a picnic lunch. Sunny's shared a lot of the exciting details and steps of growth all through their relationship with me.....from the moment he asked to "re-evaluate their relationship" last October, until now. So I wasn't surprised when she confided in me once again. "He says it's a belated Valentine's Day date, but I think he might propose!"

I, of course, knew that he was going to, because He'd already told me!! But how could I help keep her unsuspecting?! I knew Tim dearly wanted this to be a SURPRISE!!! So, I replied nonchalantly.... "That would be soooo cool if he proposed! (Little did she know how COOOL!!) But do you really think he has talked to mom and dad yet??? You probably shouldn't get your hopes up too much because you don't want to be disappointed!" (Of course, again I knew that he had talked to our parents. But she had confided in me, a little disappointingly I might add, after their Valentines trip home to Oklahoma that she didn't think he had talked to them yet! So I built upon that point!) I encouraged her not to get her hopes up too much and be disappointed. She agreed that was probably best....

Of course, afterwards, I went right back to Tim and told him, "You gotta do something!! She's suspicious...." Tim was a quick thinker though, and through some more maneuvering, managed to throw her off his trail!! When the big moment came, she was totally surprised!!!!

The night before the "skiing trip/proposal day," Tim and I were both scurrying around making last minute preparations, trying to keep Sunny unsuspecting. I had delivered something to his home that he'd asked me to pick up, but had to hide it outside as he wasn't home yet, but was with Sunny. So later, after he'd told Sunny goodnight, I called to tell him where to find it. In that last conversation he admitted that he was excited, but also nervous. Nervous that something might not work out right! I told him, "Tim....it's gonna work out perfectly, just you wait and see!! As for God, His way is perfect!!"

Later I asked my sister.... "How was the moment in comparison with your dreams and hopes?" She replied with peaceful happy eyes and heart.... "It was soooooo much better than anything I ever imagined or dreamed!!"

Now if that doesn't sound like perfect, I don't know what is!!! All I can say as I smile and chuckle is...."God's way truly is perfect!!" Ps 18:30

Tim - You don't just get Sunny, you know! You get a whole family! ;-) (I know you aren't too sad about that either as we've all gotten along quite nicely since we first met!!) But I just want you to know once again, I am soooo thrilled that you and Sunny are together. And I am sooo blessed and inspired to see how you've allowed God to work....and allowed Him to write your love story even when you didn't understand what He was doing!!! (If all young lovers could follow that example, things would definitely turn out happier!)

Sunny - it's been an honor to be at your side and watch your life and love unfold....both for God and for Tim, through these experiences! As your "American sister" and friend for many years, someone who has tested your patience (as true sisters should), someone who has been your roommate and walked all over your personal space (as true sisters shouldn't), someone who has shared both laughter and tears, and someone who has been challenged by your walk with God and your dedication, I can say with all honesty, Tim is truly going to get an "honorable" wife in you!! I am sooo happy for you!!

Congratulations on your Engagement guys!!!!

To celebrate...when Sunny and Tim came back down the mountain, we surprised them by fixing up our living room like an "Italian Restaurant" and had a small group of friends here waiting to celebrate! (Good thing she said "Yes!" huh?) Of course, Tim knew he was bringing Sunny home for a special dinner, and had requested this, but he didn't know what type of dinner it would be....so it was a surprise for him too!! These are the pictures depicted in the slide show above! It was a wonderful evening, and hopefully one that Tim and Sunny will never forget. (I know I wont forget it!)

3 comments:

Tim said...

Thanks for all your help and secret undercover work. Everything went according to plan, thank God!

Azure said...

Wow! What an amazing story, I enjoyed reading it! You are Seventh Day Adventist aren't you? [i got that from reading your profile] So am I! *shakes hands* :) I work at 3ABN on the phones...you've probably heard of it. I was homeschooled through 8th grade and almost went to Oklahoma Academy but at the last minute decided to go to a closer academy. I am new to blogspot but hope to get to know you better!

MissionSK said...

MEL, how nice that you helped them! So obviously we are gonna have a borther... how nice. The wedding is gonna be so nice, i just can imagine. We will all cry!