Friday, May 16, 2008

Well, another loooong week has come to an end...and with it, I breath a sigh of relief. I've had a lot on my mind and a lot on my shoulders (probably too much) and am feeling the drain. But God is faithful...one day at a time.

Seems I can't keep up with the news and all the horror happening around the world....Burma, Chile, India, China....what next?? Sometimes I don't even want to know for I feel so helpless...

I know our days are numbered too here in America...what lies around the corner for my life and my world, no one knows except for God. It could be a physical earthquake...just like China's....or it could be another emotional land slide. (Seems there have been far too many of those lately!) Why does life have to get soooo complicating when you grow up?? I was having fun being a kid!! I wasn't ready for the problems of the grown-ups world!!!

I can't change the circumstances of life, nor can I control other's actions (deep sigh)...but I will continue to live and love and press forward...one day at a time.

Sometimes I'm cautioned, "Mel, don't get sooo involved in other's lives and pains, don't take on the weight of the world! Don't let yourself feel sooo deeply!!" And they've got a point. I can't carry the load...only God can. And I must keep reminding myself to "give it to Him." Yet, how can I not care? How can I not get involved when a friend asks for help, how can I not hurt when I see others hurting??

Yes, plain and simple, life hurts sometimes! For those on the other side of the world, life hurts all the time!! I must just be thankful for each day that God gives me....and I will continue to love and care.

I firmly believe it is better to have loved and lost, then never loved at all. It is better to have laughed and cried, then never felt at all. And it is better to live today to it's best, rather than to live a hundred, but discover you haven't really lived at all. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but TODAY, the day God has given me, I will LIVE....I will smile, laugh and if needed, I will cry! I cannot help but love with all my heart. For who knows, it may be the last day of all...

1 comment:

R.M. Jackson said...

Wow [sigh]. Why is that post both encouraging and saddening at the same time? How did you do that?!