Monday, January 30, 2012

The result of being truly FILLED with the Holy Spirit...


Once it was the blessing, now it is the Lord
Once it was the feeling, now it is His Word
Once His gifts I wanted, now the Giver own
Once I sought for healing, now for Himself alone

Once was painful trying, now 'tis perfect trust;
Once a half salvation, now the uttermost.
Once 'twas ceaseless holding, now He holds me fast;
Once 'twas constant drifting, now my anchor's cast.

Once 'twas busy planning, now 'tis trustful prayer
Once 'twas anxious caring, now He has the care
Once 'twas what I wanted, now what Jesus says
Once 'twas constant asking, now 'tis ceaseless praise

Once it was my working, His it hence shall be
Once I tried to use Him, now He uses me
Once the power I wanted, now the Mighty One
Once for self I labored, now for Him alone!

No comments: