Thursday, May 16, 2013

Another Answered Prayer…God doesn't miss anything!!


I shared this on my "Morning Sonshine" devotional today, but I wanted to share it here too!

One of my favorite promises is Ephesians 3:20. I've probably already quoted it on this blog a couple times. It says:

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us."

For quite a few months now, I've been writing down each answer to prayer that I receive. I actually challenged God awhile back that I wanted to see Him answer at least one prayer every day. I don't have the courage yet to pray for "one soul a day" like Praying Hyde prayed for, but I do have courage to ask for one answered prayer every day!

Well, since I put God to this challenge, I've of course been praying quite fervently. And He's been faithfully answering. Every single day He gives me answered prayers, often times more than one. I never realized before how faithful He always takes care of me, and how He's working in my life until I started trying to keep record. It's amazing…

Well, yesterday was extra-ordinary as I have SEVEN answers to prayer, all in one day!!!!! ;-) But there's one in specific I have to share about. To most people this wouldn't seem that exciting or special, but to me, it means the world.

You see, for a number of months now, I've been trusting God with my needs. One thing that I've been praying for since January is for some gravel to make a parking spot for my car, and for my driveway, so I don't get stuck when it rains. It's not anything urgent…and I could probably survive another few years without getting it, but it's just something I need. God has sent me funds…but to be honest, besides paying essential bills, I just have a hard time using them on myself or on stuff here around the house as I know there are so many people dying without a knowledge of the truth. So…. although I probably could have bought the gravel by now, I just haven't been able to do it. So I've kept praying!
Well, yesterday, Dad came to my office where I was working and he was very urgent. I need your help to drive the truck to the local community church, about 5 miles away. They have a pile of gravel there, and they have used all they need, now they are trying to get rid of it. They just called and asked if we could use any? I was so shocked. I was like, "Daddy! I've been PRAYING for GRAVEL!! In fact, I just prayed for it this morning!!!" Now my dad was shocked. "Really?? You never told me! But I guess you told the right person. You told God."

So we went to get gravel. We got like 4 truck loads of the stuff, plus 2 trailer loads. It was enough to fill in most of the ruts in our driveway, make me a parking spot, plus put gravel on the wet places around my jogging trail. At the end, our neighbor even brought over one more tractor barrow of the stuff that he still hadn't found a place for. (Talk about personal delivery!) I couldn't believe it! My mom told me, "All the years we've lived here, we've never been given free gravel before! Truly God answers prayer!"
Again, to some, this may seem crazy to get excited about, but I have just been in awe and thanksgiving ever since. God knew I didn't want to spend the money on the stuff, so He just gave it to me, without charge! Isn't He amazing???
I could go on and on telling you stories of the way He's answering my prayers. It's unbelievable! We truly serve an amazing God. And I'm so grateful that He cares not just about our big problems, but about little things too, like gravel for our driveway! ;-))))

1 comment:

acceptance with joy said...

very inspiring! thanks for sharing.