Thursday, February 11, 2010

A visit with Asschericks...

On our way back North, Lee's wanted to go by and visit Pastor David and his wife Violeta. Obba was a part of the first ARISE course that Pastor Asscherick lead out in, so it was kinda a reunion for them. But for me, since Pastor Asscherick's various sermons over the last 6-8 years have been such a huge inspiration to me, it was a real TREAT to meet him in person...in his own home, with his family!

His wife cooked us a delicious Romanian meal...and everyone had fun talking and catching up!

Anyone want to know some interesting TRIVIA about Pastor Asscherick??

Well...you know how he paces back and forth on the stage all the time and runs and jumps and does weird stuff?? Well, he does it at home too. While he talks on the phone, he can often be seen pacing his porch railing outside their house as he emphasis his thoughts or points to whoever is on the other end of the phone line. Needless to say, I was most amused!!

He's even training his sons to do the same!! What a character!! :-)

While we were there...we also discovered a strength HeeSunny seems to have. She's barely past 1 and she is strong and LOVED hanging on to this bar - without assistance!! She giggled and giggled!!! We were all so amazed.

Finally - some fun group shots with the Asschericks! What a neat family...inspirational...like my own...and yet very real and down to earth...like all the rest of us!!



All in all Asschericks were AWESOME...but I was glad to be on the road again...headed HOME to the beautiful Northwest with my own famiLEE!


1 comment:

ur Harmony said...

Super cool BLOG MeLody!

So glad Violeta & I got to arrange the entire event because 1) I reaaaaalllly wanted to see them, 2) I reaaaaaallly wanted Obba to "hang" with David since it's been toooo long, 3) I reaaaaaaallly wanted you to meet them in person!, and 4) I reaaaaaaallly wanted to "check" out their new biding place....