Saturday, June 19, 2010

Watery Grave...

I baptized my iTouch yesterday....very much by accident. And I don't think it's gonna recover!!! I had put it in my back pocket as I had been using it too look up promises of Scripture as we prayed, and it fell out of my pocket into the toilet on one of my bathroom trips. I grabbed it right out, but it wasn't meant to be baptized....so the damage was already done. It died!

Now I'm starting to feel the loss....and I am heart broken!!!!!!!!!

This beautiful piece of equipment, which I got for FREE when I bought my MacBook last year (but cost about $229 to replace), has become like my little brain that I take with me everywhere. It had all the features of an iPhone minus the PHONE ability....so I've even used it to check e-mail or type messages when needed. It had all my drug encyclopedias for Nursing, several Bible Versions, my addresses and contacts and passwords that I'd uploaded on it's applications, all my music (which of course I still have on my computer backed up in iTunes and which I use often to help me go to sleep at night as it drowns out the noise of the girls around the dorm), and it has a host of other applications that I have found to be so helpful. My biggest loss though is that most recently I had found a program that enables me to make scripture memory flip cards to put all my Bible verses into, so I don't have to carry around all these rings of cards. I just flip through my verses with one touch....it's all there in the size of a wallet...rather than all these gobs of cards I use to carry everywhere!!

However, now it's GONE...it's dead...and there's nothing I can do but cry and go on!

Would you join me by mourning its loss? :-(((((((((((((((((((((

3 comments:

Mom said...

I'm soooo sorry you lost your iTouch! I'll be praying that you can recover from his somehow. I'm not sure how rigt now. Love you! Mom

Unknown said...

Hi, what was the ipod app that you had for Bible Memory? Was it Verse Pack? Thanks

Melody said...

It was a Bible Program App - Bible2Heart. If there's something better, I'd like to know though!!