Saturday, June 07, 2008

My heart is just singing thanksgiving to God! And I praise the Lord for answered prayer!!

"Why should the sons and daughters of God be reluctant to pray, when prayer is the key in the hand of faith to unlock heaven's storehouse, where are treasured the boundless resources of Omnipotence...Perseverance in prayer has been made a condition of receiving. We must pray always if we would grow in faith and experience. We are to be "instant in prayer," to "continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving." Romans 12:12*

Sometimes I don't know what God is doing in my life...I guess that is more than sometimes. Yet, this weekend, I have come to see in a new way that He truly does have a plan...more beautiful than any I would imagine.

As one of my dear girlfriends likes to quote....

"God's not gonna provide manna for you if you're already cooking your own food!"

Hmmmmmm......good point! Now I understand why HE has been trying to get me to "give up cooking!" God has such a sense of humor....but I praise Him for His patience and longsuffering...and most of all, for His tender mercies!

"For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody." Isa 51:3

"And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD." Ps 40:3

*From one of my favorite chapters titled "The Priviledge of Prayer" in the book Steps to Christ.

No comments: