Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A "Giving" Christmas...





Tis the Season to be jolly...and this year has been no exception! Since I can't make it home for the Holidays (sniff sniff), I decided it was time to create my own joy. So Dayana and I went shopping for the perfect Christmas tree...and we found it! (Believe it or not, it was the cheapest on the lot, and all 8 feet of it I managed to stuff in the trunk of my little Honda!) Then we invited a few of our favorite girlfriends over to help decorate it. We made popcorn and cranberry strings, and had a glorious riot....as usual! Then one morning soon after, as I was praying, God impressed me with the idea of making this a more "GIVING" Christmas. Instead of the usual White Elephant Party that we usually have, I decided to ask everyone to put their $5-10 dollars towards helping needy children around the world. I put together "stories" and "scenerios" (thankfully, I have lots of Missionary friends), and wrapped these projects, then put them under the tree. Then people took turns drawing a child or project to support! It was awesome.... To see pics from this fun Christmas, click on the following Facebook links.
"It is more BLESSED to GIVE than it is to receive." Acts 20:35
Truly this is the best kind of Christmas!! Now I'm off to GYC. ;-)


No comments: