Monday, February 02, 2009

God is soooo good....

Amanda and I have continued to have fun God-scripted adventures together...and we continue to marvel at how God brought us together. (Read previous post from Aug 20th, 2008 for details!) It's been such a blessing praying, reading the Word, teaching her how to live in such a way that will give her Health and strength (physically and mentally) and talking of the Life God has called us to live! Here we are at "Huntington Beach" this past Sunday where we went to celebrate our friend Season completing a 26 mile Marathon! It reminded me of the Marathon we all have to run....only ours isn't over in 5 hours because ours is called "The Race of a Lifetime" as depicted in Heb 12:1. Thankfully, none of us run alone....for Christ is beside us, and whenever we fall down, He even picks us up and carries us. The whole marathon experience brought tears to my eyes more than once as I contemplated the significance of it all. (Just ask Amanda!)

Amanda rented some bikes for us, and we had a blast riding down the coastline. Reminded me of when I was a kid...

Here we are at The Bodhi Tree vegan restaurant where we celebrated Season's completion of her Marathon. They also sang me a "early" happy Birthday! ;-) Amanda and I got to experiment with some more healthy Vegetarian food. It's amazing how well she has done since she came to visit. I cut all dairy, meat, sugar, caffeine, sleep meds and any other addictive or damaging foods out of her system, and she has been feeling soooo much better. God is good! Soon she will be going home, and I'll be heading to Texas for my next 13-week Nursing assignment, but I know God will continue to lead and bless both of us. I'm encouraged of the verse in Phil 1:6 that says, "He that began a good work in you will carry if forth unto completion!" I can't wait to see what adventure God has for me around the next corner...If like the past, I know it will be incredible!! :-)))))


2 comments:

Sarah said...

wow! a vegan restaurant! very cool!
Amanda looks positively radiant!! And so do you, Melody. :) God is soooo good.

Anonymous said...

Melody,

We don't know each other, but I was very blessed to read your article that you had written for Leslie Ludy's online magazine! I decided to see if I could find your blog, and was very excited when I did! I saw that you were able to attend Eric's conference last month, and that you had videotaped it. I was wondering if there if any way I could purchase a copy from you- I really wanted to attend, but it just didn't work out. If you could let me know, that would be great! My email is: ashley_nicole1992 at yahoo.com. Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing from you!

Ashley