Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Please break my heart...




"Please break my heart!!"

That doesn't sound like a good prayer to be praying, does it? No, not really from our world's perspective. But it has been my prayer recently!! My prayer to God...

"Please break my heart with the things that break your heart...please don't let me heart grow cold!"

The faster life goes, the more I realize my need of Him, and I crave to be filled...completely filled with His passion, His love, His power and Holy Spirit zeal. How easy my heart grows hard and cold...

I'm preparing to leave on yet another mission trip tomorrow...this time to Bangladesh. I will be returning to the same location I visited last year, and having experienced the utter poverty and despair that this country holds, I realize I do not have the strength to be who God has called me to be...at least not on my own!!! For as I have shared previously...the call is beyond Human compassion, and it is beyond Human strength! Only through HIS STRENGTH can I reach out to the hurting, only through HIS LOVE can I truly care.

I was sooo touched and moved by the following short video clip, as well as the quotes I've included here, that I just had to share them with all of you!!!!! Please take time to WATCH and LISTEN...and if your heart has grown a bit calloused, too occupied with non-essential matters, tied up with treasures or things of the world, or just plain turned to stone, as you WATCH and LISTEN....pray that God will change your heart...and give you a new heart, focused on priorities that are truly eternal!

"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also...so lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven..." Matt 6:20,21

A powerful video clip: The call to Serve

"By all that has given us advantage over another, be it education and refinement, nobility of character, Christian training, religious experience, we are in debt to those less favored and, so far as lies in our power, we are to minister unto them. If we are strong, we are to stay up the hands of the weak." Ministry of Healing page 105

"Whatever weakens your reason, impairs the tenderness of your concience, obcures your sense of God, takes off your relish for spiritual things, whatever increases the authority of the body over the mind, that thing is sin to you, however innocent it may seem to itself" - Susanna Wesley (mother of John & Charles Wesley)

"Perhaps if there were more of that intense distress for souls that leads to tears, we should more frequently see the results we desire. Sometimes it may be that while we are complaining of the hardness of the hearts of those we are seeking to benefit, the hardness of our own hearts and our feeble apprehension of the solemn reality of eternal things may be the true cause of our want of success." -Hudson Taylor


Let Your Heart Be Broken*

Let your heart be broken for a world in need,


Feed the mouths that hunger,


soothe the wounds that bleed.


Give the cup of water, and the loaf of bread.


Be the hands of Jesus, serving in his stead.




Here on earth applying principles of love.


Visible expression, God still rules above.


Living illustration of the living word,


to the minds of all who've never seen or heard.




Blest to be a blessing, privileged to care,


challenged by the need, apparent everywhere.


Where mankind is wanting, fill the vacant place.


Be the means through which


The Lord reveals His grace.




Add to your believing deeds that prove it true,


knowing Christ as Savior, Make Him Master too.


Follow in His footsteps, go where he has trod;


In the worlds great trouble risk yourself for God.




Let your heart be tender and your vision clear;


See mankind as God sees, serve Him far and near.


Let your heart be broken by a brothers pain;


Share your rich resources, give and give again.



* I realize I just shared this song a few posts back...but I think we need to be reminded again. At least "I" need to be reminded again!!!


2 comments:

Testing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Testing said...

One of my favorite hymns... Reminds me of this passage:

"We must be co-workers with Christ if we would see our efforts crowned with success. We must weep as He wept for those who will not weep for themselves, and plead as He pleaded for those who will not plead for themselves." --Manuscript 24, 1903.