Tuesday, December 22, 2009

His Strength is Perfect...

With only a few more days at home, I've been rushing to help my mom finish some big cleaning projects, trying to get some Christmas gifts finished, preparing for the "Generation of Youth for Christ" conference, and packing for my return to Oregon. Whew...I can't believe my time at home is almost over, and I must return to life in the fast lane. (Not that I ever completely left it!) Anyway, the break away from work and the craziness of my life has been a blessing.

As I woke up this morning, I lay in bed for a bit just thinking about life and talking to God. I was up til 2:30 this morning working on a project, and so after only a few hours of sleep, I guess it's only natural that I didn't feel like getting up. But when the sun comes up, my brain wakes up...so here I was at 6:30am wide awake, with a body that didn't want to move!

After some time with God, I turned on my iPod...and this song came on. It's one of my all time favorites, but I thought it was very fitting for where I am today. I don't feel very strong right now...and as I listened, the tears just poured down my cheeks! Thankfully I don't have to be strong. His strength truly is PERFECT...it's just too bad that many of us wait to claim it until we've reached the end of our own resources! :-) For truly, it's been there all along...what a blessing!

"His Strength is Perfect"

I can do all things, through Christ who gives me strength
But sometimes I wonder what He can do through me.
No great success to show, no glory on my own.
Yet in my weakness He is there, to let me know...

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone.
He'll carry us when we can't carry on.
Raised in His power, the weak become strong.
His strength is perfect...His strength is perfect!

We can only know, the power that He holds,
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes.
His strength in us begins, where ours comes to an end
He hears our humble cry and proves again.

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone.
He'll carry us when we can't carry on.
Raised in His power, the weak become strong.
His strength is perfect...His strength is perfect!

"God is my STRENGTH and POWER: and He maketh my way PERFECT!" II Sam 22:33

1 comment:

ur Harmony said...

WHAT an ABSOLUTE BEAUTIFUL & CARE-FREE & YOUTHFUL & JOYFUL picture of YOU!!! WHO took that??

LOVE IT!!!

I MISS YOU my Melodious Echo