Sunday, January 24, 2010

When I see the morning sun light...

...and I breath in fresh air,
I sing praise the Lord, praise the Lord!
When I spend time in God's word, talk to Jesus in prayer!
I sing praise the Lord, praise the Lord!

Good morning Lord I love you, I just wanted you to know!
Here's my heart, my life, my will, myself I give it all to you!
Take my life and use it, guide my feet along the way.
May your words my mind renew, your spirit fill me each day!


Yes, the "Morning Song" is one of my favorite songs to wake up with! And here in Southern California, after almost a week of solid rain, it's such a blessing to have the sunlight again. I got up early and went walking this morning, just as it was rising over the hills, and it was such an uplifting encouraging feeling....I couldn't help bursting into the morning song.

But today, there's more reasons to sing the morning song then just the rising of the sun! Was reading about the "Divine Nature of Christ" and His life on earth uniting divinity with humanity, and what an inspiration it was. I simply must share a few thoughts...

In Christ, divinity and humanity were combined. Divinity was not degraded to humanity; divinity held its place, but humanity, by being united to divinity, withstood the fiercest test of temptation in the wilderness. Christ withstood the temptation, through the power that man may command. He laid hold on the throne of God, and there is not a man or woman who may not have access to the same help through faith in God.


So the question arises...how might we partake of this power...how might we be partakers of this divine nature that can withstand the fiercest storms or temptations??? I've studied this topic out before, but it's always inspiring to read again...

Well, as I started looking up a few verses on the divine nature...that set me off on quite an inspirational Bible verse trail that I hadn't been originally planning to take...but when you follow the spirit's leadings, He often takes us places we wouldn't have known to go. So again, let me share.

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." II Pet 1:3,4


Both verses are powerful...and the second really gives the KEY - filling our mind with the promises in the Word of God. But for the moment, I'm gonna just share about verse 3. I've spent two days alone, just looking at the cross references on this verse (II Pet 1:3) and it's powerful. So here's a few of the best ones:

According as His divine power...

    • "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Matt 28:18
    • "As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him." Jn 17:2
    • "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." II Cor 12:9
    • "And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power." Eph 1:19

    Hath given us ALL things...

    • "For the LORD God is a sun and shield. The LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." Ps 84:11
    • "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely gives us all things." Rom 8:32
    • "Therefore let no man glory in men, for all things are yours. And ye are Christ's and Christ's is Gods..." I Cor 3:21,23

    That pertain to life and godliness...

    • "And this is life eternal that they might know thee, the only true God..." John 17:3
    • "Godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." I Tim 4:8
    • "But godliness with contentment is great gain." I Tim 6:6
    • "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness. God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." I Tim 3:16
    • "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life that both thou and thy seed may life." Duet 30:19

    Through the Knowledge...

    • "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord." II Pet 1:2
    • "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." II Pet 3:18
    • "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." II Cor 4:6

    Called to glory and virtue...

    • "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish you, strengthen, settle you." I Pet 5:10
    • "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people, that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." I Pet 2:9
    • "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." II Tim 1:9
    • "For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but to holiness." I Thes 4:7
    • "Who can find a virtuous woman, for her price is far above rubies." Prov 31:10
    • "Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of a good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things." Phil 4:8

    I could go on and on! I'm not even expounding upon meaning of verses, or meaning behind words, or even looking up the Greek and Hebrew (which I love to do) but just looking at cross references. But just reading alone...Wow...such living water and inspiration in the Word of God!

    And we haven't even gotten to II Pet 1:4 yet...(smiles) ...maybe next time!!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Trying to remember the words to the morning song and found your post. Was blessed by reading the scripture verses. Thanks!

    Esther Gordon said...

    The same thing happened to me. I heard this song for the first time last week. I came on the internet to search for the song and came upon your sight. The beautiful songs... The songs which God wants us to sing every day. May God be glorified in our music. Thank you so much!! I dont know you, but keep up the good work!! Be blessed.

    Esther Gordon