Monday, July 05, 2010

In the middle of the Stream...

Seems in some ways I am growing in leaps and bounds spiritually, and in other ways I feel like I am still trying to climb up an unscalable wall, that is too high for me to get over!! (And if you understand God's calling on your life, you realize, it IS TOO HIGH for us to crawl over! He has to pick us up and carry us over!!!)

Anyway, last Thursday I was really struggling and I felt like I needed some time AWAY to process. So my friend and I headed to Rocky Mtn Natl Park. I've been up there tons of times, so I know my way around. But this was Tessa's first time, so it was fun to show her a few sights. After we drove around a little and I showed her some scenic points, we found a beautiful rushing stream on the drive up towards "Bear Lake" - for those of you that know the park! It was gorgeous....

I started reading "Absolute Surrender" by Andrew Murray - and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear....it was sooo powerful!!! Check out chapter 5-7 on the Surrender section, if you have the book. It was talking about the struggle of Romans 6-8....dead to flesh, alive to Spirit and what that means. I've read these passages hundreds of times before, but it spoke to me again! Just what I needed today....as I've been battling against my flesh and seeking to submit to the Spirit. It was just what I needed!!! PTL!!

I sat for a loooong time out in the middle of the stream on a rock that was shaped perfectly for me to sit in. There was a road nearby with tourist driving by, and while I had been sitting beside the stream, I could hear all the traffic noise. But now that I was in the middle of the stream of rushing water, I couldn't hear anything but the rushing water. It took all the surrounding noise and distractions away! As I sat there thinking and reflecting on the promises of God, I realized that God was speaking to me. "Melody.....you are frustrated with your fleshly inclinations, and you are frustrated that you keep getting caught up in the distractions of your relationships, your life, and ministry. But I want you to know, that if you immerse yourself and surround yourself with ME.....you wont hear the distractions anymore. You may see them.....you may still work among them, but they wont control you. Their voice will be mute. You will only hear me, just as you only hear the stream now that you are out in the middle!"

Wow!! So profound......and so true, huh?!

So it was just the encouragement I needed, to step back from it all and immerse myself even more in God and His Word and give a deaf ear to distractions. I only want to be controlled and propelled by Him, not my own desires....however sanctified they may be!

So that's why it's been a few days since I've posted anything....and if things stay a bit quiet for a time, don't worry. I'm still here! God's just taking me into the middle of the stream to grow me, and I probably can't hear as much from the outside world while I am there. But it's a wonderful place to be. If you've never been there...you need to go find a big rushing stream, and get in the middle. You'll find that you'll never be the same again! :-)

No comments: