Sunday, October 24, 2010

Endorsements for ARME...notes of thanks and appreciation from church leaders

Dear Melody and Arme Prayer Team Partners,

Those of us here at the General Conference want to thank you and the team for what you let the Lord do through you during our Annual Council last week! We saw the answers to prayer throughout the week as the Lord moved on all our hearts in major ways. The cover of intercessory prayer and the opportunity for our delegates to come and pray and be prayed for made a major difference in these meetings. We won't know until eternity what the Lord was able to do because of those of you who spent so much time running the prayer room for us!

We saw the difference made in the responses of the delegates to the call for Revival and Reformation, the Appeal Document and testimony times and messages presented in His power. The meetings which had such a lengthy agenda, some feared they could not be finished, were actually completed nearly a day early leaving time for sharing testimonies at the end of the meeting! From our previous experiences at Soquel Camp meeting with the "Prayer Room," and from when we worked in the Central California Conference, we have found this kind of "united prayer" very reverent and have seen over and over again that "God led prayer" makes an immeasurable difference in meetings to His glory.

Thanks again, and we will be praying for you and want your continued prayers for us all as we seek "our greatest need," "a revival of true godliness among us." We will be wanting to have you help us in the future as the Lord opens the doors. We can highly recommend you for this ministry to other groups and know they too will be richly benefited.

Your Brother in Jesus,
Jerry Page
General Conference Ministerial Association Director

~

I’m glad for the chance to share a testimony regarding the spiritual blessing that Martin, Melody and their prayer team were to us here at the Pioneer Memorial Church. We had just concluded a 40 Days of Prayer journey here at Andrews University and Pioneer. Lee Venden was to begin a nine-night revival series. And we sensed the need for intense prayer cover. When Martin and Melody offered to coordinate and conduct a Ten Days of "Prayer Room" here in the church, we seized the opportunity. The designated room was open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. for ten straight days—and what a blessing it turned out to be. Over 1,300 individuals joined in collective prayer during those days—and we could sense the Holy Spirit’s responding. Our evening revival meetings were filled. Jesus was lifted higher and higher—and the decisions for baptism and rebaptism, along with prayer requests and requests to join a small group are all evidence of the Spirit’s mighty response to our prayer team’s ministry. Martin, Melody, and their team are passionately committed to Christ and His longing to revive the church and reach the world before he returns. I heartily and earnestly recommend such a "Prayer Room" in churches across the land and around the world.

Pastor Dwight Nelson, Senior Pastor of Pioneer Memorial Church, Andrews University

~


I was so blessed by the experience I had in the Prayer Room at the GC Annual Council, lead by the ARME Prayer team. I went to the prayer room as many times as I could, and was very inspired. It was a reviving, refreshing experience! We are actually doing similar prayer efforts (we call it "The Epaphras Ministry" based on Col 4:12) in the Southern Africa-Indian Ocean Division, and we have seen God work in mighty ways. So I was happy to enjoy the same prayer experience when I came to the GC.


I was so inspired with the ARME Prayer team and their ministry, during this last General Conference Annual Council, that I have invited Melody and the team to come and work with us in our year-end meetings in South Africa, where our church leadership from 23 countries will be gathering together. What this ARME Prayer team is doing is not new, or part of some new “emergent movement.” It is very Biblical...remember the story of Joshua's victory over the Amalekites when Aaron and Hur held up Moses arms during the battle? (Ex 17:8-16) This united prayer is also evidenced in the life of Moses, Abraham, Daniel, Esther and others in the Bible. This kind of earnest, fervent, united prayer, (if experienced) will bring great blessings to every church and every conference around the world, and as a result, God’s Spirit will be poured out, and Jesus will come back as He has promised!


Paul Ratsara, President of Southern Africa-Indian Ocean Division (fastest growing division in the SDA church with 2.5 million members)


~


I found ARME Bible Camp to be an incredible experience!! It was renewing for my spirit, energizing, exciting and very inspirational. The prayer room and having the opportunity to pray with others was truly a blessing as well. I highly recommend ARME Bible Camp to anyone who is seeking to learn how to take their Bible study deeper and have a closer walk with God. I am so glad that my wife Cindy and I got the opportunity to experience it for ourselves!

Robert Carmen, President Adventist Health Systems (An organization with 17,000 employees in SDA institutions)


~


On behalf of my family, and myself - I'd like to extend our heartfelt thanks for being included in the ARME experience. Truly it was a mountain top experience for my family and for myself. The children are still singing the songs they learned in the children's programs. They learned a lot. I have met with my staff at AFCOE and shared with them the wonderful experience - as well as "lessons learned" while at ARME. Each of the presentations I was able to hear were a blessing - thank you. We are planning to let everyone on the Amazing Facts mailing list know about your upcoming events. Thank you again!


Don Mackintosh, AFCOE Director


~


And to top it all off, Doug Batchelor, director and speaker of Amazing Facts, and listened to by thousands on the radio and television, featured us in his letter "The Pastor's perspective" in this month's magazine edition of INSIDE REPORT. God is getting the word out! We aren't hardly even trying ourselves...Praise the Lord!!!!!

2 comments:

Kalani said...

Hello Melody!

I'm a silent reader to your blog, but I've decided to speak up, because of something so funny:).

At the end of this post, I saw you mentioned "Amazing Facts." Amazing Facts...that sounded familar. Then I remembered in the mail my family received a advertisement just a week or so ago, that stated real big, "Amazing Facts" on top. Could it be the same thing, I thought? Well, to sum it up, I went to a link you had and sure enough, I see our little country town being visited by the "Amazing Facts" organization you mentioned! I could hardly believe my eyes! Hmm.. Makes me interested in wanting to go now! Can't wait to tell my parents! Have you ever gone to one of their meetings?

Blessed by your posts,
Kalani

Melody said...

So Kalani, did you go?? Yes, I've been to many Amazing Facts meetings, and they are great!! We know the President of the ministry and some of their speakers are part of our team at ARME. This response is about 6 months late as I just now saw what you wrote...so blessings to you!