Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My rags for His Royal Robes!

Was reading in Isa 64 and it says our "righteousness" is as Filthy rags. In other words, no matter how "good" we think we are...or how many right things we do...(eat healthy food, don't fight with our family, send money to church missions, listen to good uplifting music instead of rock'n'roll, do good instead of evil behind our neighbors back etc), it doesn't matter! Oh yes, all these things are important and make a difference in our closeness to Christ, ability to appreciate Him and Hear Him and live wholly surrendered to Him, but as far as saving us...the best of our works are just TRASH!! That's why realizing there is NOTHING I can do to attain salvation and the robe of righteousness is soooo inspiring! I can never be good enough! (I don't have to be!) I can never live up to the "Jones"...or the spiritual giants I respect in my life! (I don't have to!) All I have to do is realize Christ died to give me "his robe." And it's free!! And because of that, if I choose to accept it, I have the gift of eternal life!

Eph 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast." Praise the Lord! Now...because I accept that gift and love my God and want to make Him honored and happy by my life...I choose to do what He asks...live healthfully, put in my mind only what will uplift and bring honor to Him, and love my neighbor as myself! Is that always easy? No! But by his strength and His grace it is possible!

Eph 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto Good works...which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them..." Thank you Lord for another day to live and honor you...by your strength, this is what I will strive to do!

No comments: