Sunday, June 05, 2005

The offering...

I was reading this morning in the first book of Leviticus, how when Sacrifices were made, the sinner had to do the actual killing of the animal, so he knew how dreadful sin actually is to God! I thought about it in my own life...If I were actually having to kill an innocent animal every time I had to ask forgiveness of God, would that make me stop and think more before I did something I knew better of? Now, when I sin, no animal is being killed...instead, as Ellen White says, I am crucifying Christ afresh! How much more awful is that?! Oh Lord, help me to live to honor you and realize just how abhorent evil is...and how it hurts you when I turn away! I have soooo far to go, but I thank you for your grace and your righteousness which covers my filthy rags!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God truly is good to us in that He not only forgives but enables us to be restored unto His image. Praise the Lord. I am so thankful. Let us continue to pray that He may live through us daily.