Monday, April 28, 2008

My Teacher-My Friend! In Honor of One of the most "Positive Influences" in my life...

My teacher (she was great!), my Assistant dean (And my all time favorite!), my Highschool Principal (who loved me and challenged me in the greatest ways), at times my Boss at work, My Bell Choir and Octet leader (How I miss those days), My encourager and one of my most faithful lifetime mentors besides my own parents. (Of course, Mr. Holland stands right up there too!!) Don't know where I'd be without them...

(And life went on...)

Over the years, she also became: My teammate, My fellow partner in youth ministry, sometimes my conscience, ("Thou shalt hear a word behind thee from Mrs. Holland saying...this is the way, walk ye in it.") My shoulder to cry on, My friend to laugh with, My friendly foe to wrestle with, My gentle kick in the pants when I needed it, My challenge maker who can make me want to scream and laugh and cry all at once...and who has pushed me to do my best even when the going was all up hill... (This list too could go on and on!) This incredible person has been such a Huge blessing and inpiration!!! I'm sooo thankful for the support, wisdom, tears, and prayers that she has soooo lavishly bestowed upon me over the years.

Yes, I know...I'm being really nostalgic and sentimental all at once.... (not things that Mrs. Holland really realities in me... ) but I just want to honor YOU on your Birthday Mrs. Holland, and let you know (and all the World) what a special person you are!!! And I respect you soooo much!!!

Too bad everyone doesn't get someone like you in their life...If they did, this world would be a much more positive place!

(Happy Birthday one LAST TIME... I love you!)

No comments: