Monday, January 05, 2009

This year started on a beautiful note as a group of us gathered together to spend all night in prayer! (Yes, you heard right!) Instead of hosting a "New Year's Eve" party....which I had thought about doing, I felt convicted in my prayer time that we should spend the night welcoming in the New Year with prayer. I didn't think many would be enthused about it, but with God's help I pressed forward anyway. Amazingly, over 25 people were part of this incredible night of prayer as we lifted our hearts to God in praise, testimony, confession, and prayers of Intercession. When it's God's idea, it's always TONS better and bigger than you thought possible!!!

What was personally impacting to me though (besides the actual prayer time) was the fact that a couple members of the group (people I did not really know) had been praying for just such a event. One girl (not a SDA) had been praying about what to do New Year's Eve, and didn't really want to attend any local parties, yet she didn't know where to go. As she was reading her Bible, God impressed upon her mind that she needed to go to "Melodys." But she didn't know a Melody and so told God, "That's not one of the options!" Later she felt the same conviction again!! She still didn't know what to think though, and just brushed the thoughts aside. Then a friend told her about our group. She was sooo excited and came, but she did not realize my name was "Melody" until 30 minutes into the evening, when someone called my name. She then excitedly pulled me aside.... "Your name is Melody??" she asked increduiously??? "Yes! Why?" I replied. "Because God told me to come to Melodys for New Years Eve, but I didn't realize that was your name when I came!" I got goose bumps as she talked....I couldn't believe it! I mean, I know that God knows my name....but does He seriously, honestly, really KNOW MY NAME????

Yes, of course....He knows my name, and yours too....and all the details of every aspect of each of our lives!! God is soo incredible!! All He longs for is us to turn to Him....and surrender....and He will lead and bless in ways never thought possible!

The evening was such an inspiration and blessing to so many of us, that we plan to continue this beautiful time, on a more regular basis....and I am excited, because we need it sooo desperately!! I think God knows we need it too...and maybe He's calling your name too...to be a part of a prayer movement like never before!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mel, it's so exciting to see God working! It is also so exiciting to see that God cares about details. I am happy that He uses you to help people come closer to Him. Pray that He will continue to use you in a mighty way. Did God make it clear for you where He wants you? Hope you have a great week!