Wednesday, June 02, 2010

ARME Oregon 2010

ARME was such a special experience...and it's an experience that when you've worked so hard to help it come together, you don't want to experience it alone. You want to share it! Especially with those that matter in your life...


One particular morning, towards the end of camp, I stood in the back watching the meeting progress. Everything was going smoothly and the place was packed with already 400+ warm bodies. It was incredible to see how people were grasping hold of the truths being shared. And it was exciting to see the people respond to appeals and altar calls. Lives were being changed!


However, I was sad...sad because two people that I really wanted to experience a taste of ARME had not come! They had intended to come, they had told me that they were going to come...but the hours dragged by and still they had not arrived. They actually had a reasonable reason for not arriving when I expected them to, but at the moment, all I could do was complain and feel sad in my heart. "Why aren't they here yet? They are missing the best part!"


Then I started thinking about it all. Here we were at ARME BIBLE CAMP and we had a full house. In fact, we had about 100 more people then we were expecting. People were being blessed, encouraged, and even transformed by the messages. God was working in a big way in the lives of so many. And yet, I was unhappy that 2 people had not come. Then I realized, it didn't matter to me at the moment that everyone else may have been there…the world could have been there!! But because I knew that those two people weren’t, I was sad.


Yet, think how it is with us and God. He may have 99 in the fold, safe and sound and enjoying the fruits of his Kingdom…but if one is not there...if one is on the outside, He is still going to miss them, and He’s going to go out searching!! Me missing the people that I care about in my life is no big deal. But think about God…there are millions of people on this planet, and He loves all of them. He loves those that are saved with a special love…but those that are lost, He loves too…and He misses their presence.


If only we knew how much God sacrificed to come and rescue us…our one lost world that went astray…and yet, we are told, he would have done it if it were only for YOU and if it were only for me!!


The two lost sheep (actually, they really weren’t lost after all) did finally show up at camp and join us. And of course, I was very happy as I wanted them to see how things had come together and to be a part. But what is more important is what I was reminded about God that day…and how he may have a whole host already inside his fold of safety…but if one is out, He misses them, and He’s going to find them at all cost. The only thing that will keep him from finding them and bringing them in is if they refuse to be brought home…


Hmmm….profound thoughts, huh?! At least, I thought so…

No comments: