Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sleep walking discoveries...


So the other night I got up...I was looking for my flash light actually...and was pawing through the stuff that I thought was on my my shelf. But I couldn't find it...And I was finding things that I didn't recognize the shape of. A coffee mug, a glass case, blush brushes, dried flowers...I don't even remember what all it was. But I was thoroughly confused! Where was my flashlight! I continued to grope around in the dark....then I walked over to what I thought was my bed and there was someone in it. I touched their hair and it was curly. "This is really weird!" I thought! I am sooo confused. It was still dark and I began to panic... "I'm lost! I can't find my light and I am stuck here!" Then it slowly began to dawn on me that I was sleep-walking, and I was rummaging through my roommates stuff. After a bit of stumbling through the dark, I finally found my side of the room again and I found my flash light. But I was still half asleep and half confused. I ended back on her side of the room with my flash light looking through her books. I actually needed to go to the bathroom. I don't know why I was still looking through her books. Finally I began to wake up enough to realize the ridiculousness of what I was doing and I found the bathroom. I hoped I hadn't woken her up. Can you just imagine it? She'd be like, "What are doing looking through my stuff!" I was soooo embarrassed. But I was really confused and turned around!

The next morning, my midnight escapade was only a faint memory. She hadn't even felt me touch her head or anything, and thankfully she hadn't seen me pawing through her stuff. But it was funny, because although the meanderings of my night were just a foggy memory, I saw a picture in my mind of my roommate on the back of a book. Had I imagined it, had I actually seen it, or was my mind just playing tricks on me. So I asked her... "Is your picture on the back of a book or something? I'm thinking I saw that last night when I was sleep walking and finally found my light..." Well...it turns out my mind wasn't playing tricks on me!

My roommate is an author and I didn't even know it! In fact, this is a book of her thoughts and testimony from over 5 years ago! Wow!!! She gave me a copy and I've already been enjoying reading it. It's a true hearted call from a young girl, calling her generation (that's us) to turn our hearts back to God and stop being caught up in the thinking patterns of the world. I'm inspired...

So....hmmm...I was thinking maybe I should pray for some more midnight sleep walking episodes. Maybe there is even more for me to discover...not just about Tessa...but about God's calling upon my life!

No comments: