Friday, April 01, 2011

New Life...and a New Spring.


After just returning from a couple weeks in Bangladesh (yep - I've been there since I returned from Africa - to see this experience, click HERE), I must say that being back at home in Arkansas has literally been a breath of fresh air. Here we are...MILES out in the middle of nowhere...miles away from traffic, pollution, noise....miles away from the chaos of the modern world. And while the world outside is in turmoil....disaster still in progress in Japan...and there is much pain and suffering all around, God has given us a haven, a place of peace in the midst of the storm. I'm so grateful for this peaceful haven...for this place in the country that I grew up in...and for the place I can return.

My heart aches for those in Japan...and for those I left behind in Bangladesh...it's very obvious that this world cannot last much longer. But I'm grateful for the brief moments, whether through the tenderness of a friend, through the love of family, reading a promise, or the simple love song of a morning song-bird...I'm grateful for these brief moments that remind me of God's love, and that though this world is fading...He's preparing a better one above!

One of my favorite verses that I often think of during the springtime is II Cor 5:17 - "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away! Behold all things are become new."

Praise the Lord....Spring is a sign of NEW LIFE and that one day soon in Heaven, He will make ALL THINGS NEW!!!!! I love the spring....and I'm soooo thankful for His patience and mercy and that He has given me another day to live and praise Him. Many are not so fortunate.

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, neither crying, neither shall there be any more pain...for the former things are passed away." Rev 21:4

In Heaven Spring will never fade...

No comments: