Sunday, April 24, 2011

May it be Christ, only Christ...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture I just placed at the top of my blog. It reminds me of Heaven and makes me more excited to go there. However, as I've been soberly contemplating, there are still many things that God's got to do with me before I'll be ready. The path ahead still has many curves, many surprises, and I'm in need of greater growth. The passage below by Hannah Whitall Smith has really gotten me thinking and praying... "Oh Lord, give me strength to LET GO...that it may be Christ and ONLY Christ seen in and thru me."

I pray this will be a challenge...to bring you to your knees, as it has been to me.

“You may have left much to follow Christ… you may have believed on him, and worked for Him, and loved Him, and yet may not be like Him. Allegiance you know, and confidence you know, but not yet union….There are two wills, two interests, two lives. You have not yet lost your own life that you may live only in His. Once it was I and not Christ; then it was I and Christ; perhaps now it is even Christ and I. But has it come yet to be Christ only, and not I at all?”

The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life, p. 156-157

“No man can empty himself of self. We can only consent for Christ to accomplish the work. Then the language of the soul will be, Lord, take my heart; for I cannot give it. It is Thy property. Keep it pure, for I cannot keep it for Thee. Save me in spite of myself, my weak, un-christlike self. Mold me, fashion me, raise me into a pure and holy atmosphere, where the rich current of Thy love can flow through my soul.”

Christ Object Lessons, p. 159


No comments: