Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The Bible that FLEW past security check....


You read about stories from years back, about Bible's that snuck past security check points, but to be honest, I've never really seen it happen in my own life...

Well, today one of my friends from across the ocean shared how God did just that with a Bible I'd sent her a few weeks back. As the story goes, she was out studying her Bible one day and accidentally went off and left it in the park. As she told me about it on the phone, it didn't seem that she had easy access to another Bible either. Wow...can you imagine?? I have three of them on my shelf....pretty much all collecting dust. (After all, one is all I need at a time!) So to only have one Bible and then lose it, would be a true tragedy indeed...and one I can't imagine happening.

Well I had just gotten the new Remnant Study Bible. (Wow!!! Do I ever love this Bible....I think it will be my Bible for the rest of my life....if I don't wear it out first.) So when Raluca told me she had lost her only Bible that she had with her where she was working in Romania, I knew I had to send her one immediately. So I did. I also gathered a few other powerful books that I wanted her to enjoy. What fun it was to collect those things to send to someone that I knew was soooo hungry for the Word and for Biblical stories of faith and inspiration. Well, as I put things together....since the Bible was so heavy (well, not that heavy, but heavy enough for one package) I decided to mail the books in a separate box. But they were BOTH mailed from the same post-office at the exact same time. We expected it would take a week or so to arrive. However, I was shocked when 5 days later the package with the Bible was in her hands. And she didn't have to open it for the customs security or ANYTHING. They delivered it right to her!!!

It didn't seem that amazing to me though....until she told me more today....and until I found out that TODAY, almost 3 weeks since the Bible arrived...she JUST NOW got the "other package" - The one with all of the books. Well, actually, it's not in her hands yet because they didn't deliver it to her door like they did the Bible....they told her that it was waiting at customs for her to come and get and open for them.

Isn't it AMAZING that the BIBLE package slipped past customs right to her doorstep almost overnight....and the others....well, they took their good old normal time??

Makes me think maybe the Angels were flying it there....because after all...they knew what was inside. Isn't God good??

3 comments:

Araya Frohne said...

Oh, I just love hearing these types of stories. That just adds one more story on my list of "Ask Jesus what really happened" for when we get to heaven. :-)

Thank you for sharing, I was blessed.

Unknown said...

:) God is amazing... I got the other books. Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is SO powerful!! Thanks for sharing Melody :)