Saturday, June 11, 2011

How to BEAR life on the ledge...


I tend to think and reflect on deep levels as most of my blogging reflects, but I love to smile and laugh and enjoy the humor in the more superficial joys of every day life as well. And while I dislike e-mail forwards (in fact, most of them I don't even look at), this one I got the other day was too cute to pass by.

Most of you have probably seen these pictures or heard the story before...I guess it happened back in 2007, out near Lake Tahoe California. But the e-mail pictures and story took 4 years to make it to my inbox...and it was sooo amazing I just had to share it.

So one day this bear was crossing a bridge....I guess because it wanted to get to the other side. (smile smile) And some cars came along and it got spooked. And not knowing what was on the other side of the guard rail, it jumped over the edge....but somehow miraculously, it managed to catch the edge under the railing!!!!! How could a 300-400lb animal do this? I have no idea! But it did! Check out the picture below....


Well, the animal rescue guys weren't sure what could be done, so they left the bear alone...however, they came back the next morning and discovered him still there...asleep on the ledge that had almost cost him his life.



So they decided....they had to create a rescue plan. And they did....by putting this net under the bear. Then they shot him with a tranquilizer and pushed him into the net. Then they lowered him to safety!







And when he woke up, he walked out of the net and was free! Wow!! What a miraculous rescue.

As the e-mail goes: "There is a moral to this story; this old bear made a wrong move and found he was hanging by his nails. Somehow he was able to pull himself up onto the ledge where he saw he was in a very bad, impossible situation and what did he do? Yep, he took a nap and sure enough, God took care of the situation while he was asleep. The moral of the story is that when confronted with a bad situation, sometimes the best solution is to take a nap and let God take care of the rest."

Or in our vernacular....we could say.... "Rest in the Lord, wait patiently for Him." Ps 37:7 and "For the Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Ex 14:14

So....I think I'm going to take a nap right now. God is on the job...and He can figure my life out better than I can...even when I get myself on to impossible ledges.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this reminder. I have been losing a lot of peace lately trying to figure my life out. I want to rest in Him now.
You don't know me. At least I don't think you do. :) But I found your blog through a friend and was encouraged and just had to tell you thank you for allowing God to use you to bless your world.