Thursday, December 06, 2007

Do you ever feel all alone? Like no one really understands, and you're just tired of the daily battle of life...tired of trying. The sunshine seems to have slipped away and your walking through the night...alone. You wish you had a shoulder to cry on...or someone to hold your hand.

It had been another long hard day at the hospital for me...an endless stream of tasks that I could never seem to get ahead of...patients that could not be made happy...managers that didn't understand. If I'd actually accomplished anything worthwhile, I wasn't sure. "Where has the joy of service gone, Lord? Why do I feel like I'm all alone on a treadmill that will not stop? Can anyone understand, does anyone care?"

In a rather melancholy mood, I must admit, I headed to the gym, hoping some exercise would brighten my spirits and help me feel more refreshed. Since no one was around to go with me, I grabbed my iPod. There, while I jogged, I began to listen to some prophecy seminars by David Asscherick. "This should get me feeling more peppy!" I thought. But I soon realized that it wasn't the best choice for helping my stress level. (I might add that Mr. Asscherick is one of my favorite speakers and Bible teachers...but for those that know him...He pretty much only has two speeds...OFF (when he's sleeping) and GO (100 mph...the rest of the time!) I'd already had a long day, and although I was jogging, my mind wasn't feeling like GO...at least not at 100 miles per hour! :-/ So finally I changed my iPod to some more restful selections.

Three miles later, with sweat and maybe tears combined (not sure which), I slowed to a mellow pace to cool down. Multiple ball games were being played in the field around me, but I was oblivious, lost in my own thoughts, as I walked around the track.

Just then one of the most beautiful love songs I have ever heard began to play. Yes, I am a romantic at heart...and always have been. But this time, the song didn't make me dream of "what might someday be" but of what already is today...between God and I. There was no doubt...while I may be feeling alone...I was not alone. SOMEONE WAS THERE!!! Tears coursed down my cheeks with renewed vigor as I looked with joy to the dark starry heavens above me. The music bathed my soul and cheered my heart as I listened and thanked the Lord for His love...and I thanked Him that He was there!

I invite you to listen to the song too (Just click on link here - I Will be Here) as you read the words. Once you get the little rhapsody box up and playing the song, you can click back arrow on your browser and read my blog again, while the music plays!

Now...got it figured out?

As you listen, let the words and message sink into your heart in a new way like never before...let them speak to you as they spoke to me...not just of human love, but of a divine love...with which nothing can compare...

I WILL BE HERE

"Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the sun does not appear, I will be here...

"I will never leave thee or forsake thee..." Heb 13:5

If in the dark we loose sight of love,
Hold my hand and have no fear,
Cause I, I will be here...

"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." Isa 41:13

I will be here....when you feel like being quiet,
When you need to speak your mind, I will listen,

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." I Pet 5:7

And I will be here, when the laughter turns to crying,
Through the winning, loosing and trying,

"And the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces..." Isa 25:8

"And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed." Duet 31:8

We'll be together, cause I will be here....

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isa 40:31

Tomorrow morning if you wake up,
And the future is unclear, I will be here...

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Prov 3:5,6


Sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I will be here.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11

I will be here...and you can cry on my shoulder,
When the mirror tells us we're older, I will hold you...

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." II Cor 12:9

"Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." Ps 139:10

And I will be here to watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are too me.

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you." Jer 31:3

I will be true to the promise I have made,
To you and to the one....who gave you to me!

"Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments." Duet 7:9

I....I will be here....

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Heb 13:8

And just as sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years,

"I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him." Ecl 3:14

So I...I will be here...
We'll be together. And I will be here..."

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame...before him IN LOVE." Eph 1:4

"For I am the LORD, I do not change..." Mal 3:6

Wow!! Gives new meaning to the words, "I will be here," doesn't it? Praise the Lord for a God who will always...always...without fail...always BE THERE! That's the kind of love even the world's greatest romantic could never compete with... ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like I am sharing the same experience you are having. Thank you for the reminder and for sharing.

-Julie