Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Well...where do I begin? It would be a understatement to say that GYC was great! (It was far beyond that!) It would also be an inaccurate statement to say that I came home thoroughly refreshed and rejuvenated. (I came home totally exhausted and wiped out....and have spent the last 3 days recovering! In fact, Christmas eve I celebrated in the bath tub having a fever treatment!) All in all though, it was a worthwhile experience and one that I would repeat again, if given the opportunity. ;-) I'll let the slide show above tell the story via pictures...although I will share a few brief highlights.

Things I will remember about GYC 2007!
  • Traveling on the train with my sister Sunny
  • Helping with Registration and meeting hundreds of new faces
  • Videoing "Uncle David's" faith inspiring stories at his seminar "Extreme Missions"
  • Praying for our friend and GYC team leader, Alistair
  • Sitting at evening sessions with my family and the Arakawa gang
  • Having my family in Arkansas call to say they saw me on 3ABN during an evening session
  • Catching up with old friends - Mary, Kristy, Allison, Becky, Shayna, The David Dence family, Martin and Leona, Naomi, The Mizner's, The Rusch's from Norway...and many more!
  • CCBN team meeting with David Gate's and In His Image Ministries
  • Attending one of Tim Resienberger's last seminars with my mom and then hearing about his testimony (which was really encouraging as it's similar to mine!)
  • Watching soooo many young lives blessed, inspired and changed!
  • Then the looooong drive home....through blizzard and ice and snow and praying to stay on the road! (Evidently some 300 cars went off the road or wrecked during this same afternoon/evening in Southern Minnesota and Northern Iowa. It was pretty wild driving for about 6 or 7 hours.)
  • But we got home safely at 3am.....about 5 hours behind schedule! But at least we made it home!!

So, that's it in a nutshell! :-)

Due to all my extra curricular activities, I didn't get to listen to as many meetings or seminars as I would have hoped, but thanks to Audio Verse, we have them all recorded, and soon they'll all be available to listen to or download. So, check them out...and then you too can enjoy some of the GYC experience!

1 comment:

limkenfl said...

Thanks Mel
For the comment on my Blog! Wow, I can't believe I got more pics than you! You are the pics girl! Anyway I really tried to get alot with friends and stuff, because I always come home from events with like pictures of the building and stuff. So I really wanted to get some people.
Anyway thanks and see you at AH,
kpl
kenneth paul lim