Sunday, April 22, 2007

In honor of Sunny's Birthday!



This Sabbath was an extra bright sunshiny day (pun intended) for all of us, as we had our first large group over for pot-luck to celebrate Sunny's birthday! I wanted it to be a surprise...so Dafne and Gemali and Lorinda (who is in town visiting this weekend) kidnapped Sunny after the Advent Hope service so that we all could get lunch set-up and things ready! And what fun we had. Even though we lit the candles too soon and had to blow them out...and then re-light them when Sunny actually did show up, it all worked out beautifully, thanks to everyone's help and God's blessing!

In the afternoon, most of our group took off for Forest Falls to hike a little and enjoy the fresh air! I'm always amazed at the beauty of God's creation...and His majesty! Oh what will Heaven be like in comparison with this??!!!!

"O Come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth; the strength of the hills are his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." Psalms 95:1-6

Our maker...our Creator...our Lord!! Somehow the mountains bring out the majesty of God like nothing else on earth! They speak strength, they speak power, they speak love, they speak grace! I needed that this weekend...and I need it still!! How I long to get away from the hustle and bustle and scurry and worry of life and all it's entanglements and distractions. Yet, I realize that I wouldn't appreciate the mountain tops of life nearly as much, if it weren't for the work in the valleys. So, as I prepare to return to the work God has given me for today, I praise Him for the mountain tops of life that He gives!

Truly, I am humbled and refreshed...

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; thy glorious creation...from the smallest delicate flower to the highest majestic mountain, I have to ask, who am I, that thou art mindful of me? And yet, you've made us as human beings...your masterpiece of creation just a little lower than the angels, and has crowned us with glory and honour...O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!" Psalms 8:3-5*

*Mel's personal paraphrase version

No comments: