Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Where is Melody???

Everyone's been asking... "What happened to you, where did you go?" Well...I have moved to my new place (as you already know!) but internet did not move with me!

I signed up for Verizon DSL, since it was reported to be one of the best services in our area. (I'm beginning to have second thoughts about that though!) Unfortunately it's been quite an ordeal trying to get it to come together! They didn't process my order correctly, and then one thing after another complicated things! I've probably sat on the phone on hold with Verizon for over an hour, and been transferred from person to person as no one knew how to solve the problem!! "Please, can't somebody help me?" I wanted to scream! "I'm NOT just another computer number....I'm a real person and I need help! I don't have internet......which was promised the week I moved in, and I'm lost without it.....drowning in fact!" ;-) At least that's what I've felt like! Somehow God has helped me maintain my patience...barely...and I'm hanging in there! Supposedly the problem has finally been fixed now and we should be surfing the web at our own place by Monday April 9th! (We moved in the 15th!) So...if you're still wondering what's up with the news...that's the drift!

I'm way behind on things I want to share...topics ranging from sermons on "Righteousness by Evolution" (Be watching for that to be posted on www.audioverse.org in the near future!) To the inside secrets behind the STAR WARS and Hollywood. (Check out Audio Verse or Restoration to see the talks by Ivor Myers at www.restorationministry.net ) Also this week, we finally got CCBN Internet Television up and running! I say "we" loosely, because it's actually Curtis that has done all the work! We don't have much up yet as far as programming, but we're working on it as fast as we can! (An extra reason why it's been soo difficult for me NOT to have internet access lately!) Thankfully, we've had a few producers that have offered to let us use their inspiring materials, so things are coming together. God is continuing to bless and lead in this blossoming ministry, and we just praise Him!!!! (Stay tuned to www.creatorscall.org for directions and program schedule as we get that together!)

Travel Nursing has been exciting, as usual! From having a patient have a heart attack right in front of me (no kidding - this was a first for me!), to having movies filmed on our floor! That's right...yesterday at work, we had a whole aspiring Hollywood film crew complete with cameras, lights and actors on our floor filming soap-opera like hospital scenes! I tried to stay out of their way as I took care of new surgical patients and tended to aches and pains! Some of the patients were amused by the extra huh-bub. Others were annoyed! The team promised to give us a copy of the finished version of their movie! Hmmmm.....can't wait to see what that's like, or do I even want to see?! ;-) I might have invited some of them to join Creator's Call...but by the looks of tatoo's and nose-rings, I wasn't sure if they'd be interested in the quiet little ministry that we're developing by God's grace alone. (Then again, who am I to judge the hearts?) Ahhh....the joys of working in Southern California!! :-) Never know what to expect!

The most exciting happenings as of late was the filming we did this past Friday....of Curtis and Janine's love story, and in closing, His proposal!!!!! It was awesome!!!! And while I know they wont ever forget the day, I doubt many of our team will either! I have a whole collection of pictures I will be uploading when I get online with my own computer next week...but to see the best of my pictures and to hear the real story in their own words, visit Curtis and Janine's new blog at: www.curtisandjanine.blogspot.com It's awesome!!!! And it was soooo beautiful how God led and worked everything out!!! Truly, He does make all things beautiful in His time!!!

That's it for now! I've got to get home and rescue some rice that is probably burned to a crisp by now. ;-( Left for a dentist appointment, and then came to check e-mail at Sunny's and the afternoon has gone faster than expected!

So, more news will be coming! In the mean-time....that's the abbreviated version of life in Mel's Fast Lane!

Blessings and lots of smiles for a wonderful week!

No comments: