Thursday, August 23, 2007

A dream come true?


Well...my childhood best friend, Heather, and I always dreamed of having kids together! :-) And yesterday...it made me think of what it might have been like if that dream had come true! Thanks to Heather's sister-in-law, Jennifer, I got to enjoy babysitting her baby Daniel, for a little bit, while Heather nursed her newborn Luke. The others were in the pool playing!

It's been almost 2 years since Heather and I saw each other last...and as our adult lives have taken us separate places and directions, it seems harder and harder to get together. Yet, when we do...it's always as if nothing has ever changed. Heather and her husband Matt, a pastor, happened to fly out to California for a Pastor's conference, and were staying less than an hour away. So I drove out to see them yesterday and enjoyed seeing Heather's newest little one, as well as catching up on life...and yes, holding baby Daniel!

Life doesn't always go as we expect...but I know that God is leading each of us on the path that is best, and while I enjoying dreaming sometimes "of what might have been," I'm content to go on with the life and blessings God has given me! I'm also thankful that God gave me such a wonderful collection of friends...some that even last a lifetime!

No comments: