Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Getty Villa with Tim and Sunny...


This last week Sunny's mom from Korea visited. Although we can barely say "hello" or "goodbye" to each other (I haven't learned much Korean yet!), it's always good to see her. And it was kinda fun to be "mothered" for a few days...as she made us some yummy food. (My favorite was "kimchee pizza" - it's really good! And that's saying a lot, because I never liked Kimchee before!!) You could also tell she enjoyed mothering Sunny (and those of us nearby) as she worked around our "bachelorette" kitchen. (As you can tell, I kinda like that word - bachelorette - MaryAnn got me into using it this last week! But that's another story...)

Anyway, on Thursday Sunny and Tim took her mom and I down to LA to the Getty Villa along the coast near Malibu. (I've never been there before!) Then we also toured the main Getty Museum up above Santa Monica. It was beautiful! We took our picnic lunch and made a day of it.

Also, as we were driving along the interstate, I saw the famous white "Hollywood" billboard sign up in the distant hills. I had never seen it before in person...it was kinda weird. Especially when I thought about how the name "Holly wood" comes from the type of wood that ancient witches used in a brew to cast spells on people. The effect was that it put people to sleep..... Kinda ironic, because isn't that what Hollywood has done to our society? Made people go to sleep....spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically! (For more eye-opening Biblical insights, check out Ivor Myers and his series "Escape from the black Hole" and "The Spell.") Yes, what can I say? I'm guilty, just like most of society, for contributing to Hollywood's sleeping sucess...but by God's grace...I am coming out of my sleep, and can hopefully help others wake up as well!

Despite the chilling reminder of my nearness to Hollywood...the day was beautiful, and we made some more fun special memories together. Sunny and I both love to take pictures, as you will see by the slide show...and I laugh as I realize that whoever each of us marrys will definitely have to be patient with lots of posing!! It looks like Tim might be a good candidate for Sunny...but only time will tell! ;-) I am soooo thankful to have such special people a part of my life!

No comments: