Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Well...I am getting behind here! I guess it's because I've been having too much fun, or been too busy or something...

Last week I turned another year older...or maybe another year younger. Some friends aren't sure! ;-) I thought this year I would manage to slip by the day without too much adooo...but I guess I should have thought again. When one has so many great friends...there's no missing a birthday!

The special remembrances started with cute e-cards from my little friends Sebastian and Rebecca (Gabriela's kids from Norway), then more cards and thoughtful notes from Gabe and Luther (some of the faithful few who never let me forget) as well as calls from Mary, my family and others. Sunny made me a special birthday breakfast of pancakes and potatoes and tofu. I was sooo stuffed, I didn't want to eat the rest of the day! Sabbath night, Season and Vanessa hosted a friendly get-together at their place and threw in a surprise birthday party for me as well. (I'm quite difficult to surprise and actually had inklings something was up, but it was still fun!)

In fact, I think this birthday will go on record as being one of the most special I've ever had...Not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm in California...or maybe it's because I have realized in a more real way that I'm one year closer to meeting Jesus...OR maybe it's because of all the great friends God has given me. Whatever the case (probably all of the above), I felt very very loved! Thanks everyone!! You all know how to throw one radical party...much more special than anything I could have thought or imagined! (So then again...I guess I was surprised!)

No comments: