Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Out with Friends


For Valentine's this year, Val and I decided we would take the tram up the mtn above Palm Springs. We really looked forward to the adventure together...but then when Valentine's dawned, it was rainy and looked like it might be snowing up in the mtns. So much for those wonderful plans. What next?

How about we go to the Aquarium in Long Beach? We could even have a reunion of the "Apple Dumpling Gang" and take some friends along! So we called Doug and Dave, and sure enough, they were game. Amanda was also available, so we were excited to have her join us as well.

As you can see by the slide show, we had a good time and got to see many beautiful fish! Over and over I am astounded at the variety and beauty of God's creation. I guess we just need to wait for Heaven to see the real beauty...for we are told, "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither has entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Cor 2:9

2 comments:

Vanessa Thiel said...

Looks like a fabulous Valentine with awesome friends! Wish I could of been in two places at once!! Mel... you are loved! Thanks for inspiring me to love more :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Valentine dearest! I appreciated it much! Thanks for reminding me that I already have the best Man heaven has to offer me and I can always be content with Him alone! Looks like your valentine's day rocked. Good for you! LOL,
Mary