Thursday, February 21, 2008

Well...Praise the Lord, Restoration has gotten off to a wonderful start! Matt Parra is speaking for our almost 3 week series this year, so we are looking forward to a very uplifting event.

CCBN is recording the entire series, so my days are gonna be pretty full for the next couple weeks. Tuesday bright and early I jogged down to the University at 7am to help Curtis and Jen unload and set up all our video and audio equipment. (I didn't get back home to eat breakfast and get out of my jogging suit til 10am and was starting to get worried that I might end up getting stuck there directing the filming in my un-sightly get-up!) However, I did get away to change and get more presentable, then came back at 11:30, and the meetings started at noon. The projector didn't work, so Matt ended up sharing some of his testimony. But it was powerful and I think it was all providentially God ordained.

Then we had to take everything down and get it out of the meeting hall in like 10 minutes, because there was a lecture happening there right after. Wow! It was crazy. We just lugged everything into the lobby and then tried to sort out the mess of wires and cables. ;-)

The evening meeting was at a different location, so at 4pm we headed over to the Filipino church were we started the whole process all over again. (Each noon meeting, evening meeting, and all the weekend meetings will be at a different location, so that makes for lots of put up and take down time with all the equipment! But one thing is sure, by the time this series is over, we will definitely know our stuff, if we don't already!!) I praise the Lord for such a great team of CCBN volunteers to work with!!!

We've already had some answered prayers and miracles, and I will share more as time goes on!

Here's an inspiring quote I was just reading this morning:

"We may have as much of God as we will. Christ puts the key of the treasure chamber into our hands, and bids us take all that we want. If a man is admitted into the bullion vault of a bank, and told to help himself, and comes out with one cent, whose fault is it that he is poor? Whose fault is it that christian people generally have such scanty portions of the free riches of God?" From Streams in the Desert - February 21st

John 16:24 says, "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: Ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full."

Do we really realize what an incredible God we serve???

1 comment:

Azure said...

How can I view CCBN?