Friday, July 03, 2009

Joys forever more...


"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: In thy presence is fullness of Joy. At thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalms 16:11

Had the wonderful joy of SURPRISING my family last weekend!! It was all rather last minute. I was thinking about all I had to do, and the stuff I had to move home (which has multiplied) and wondering how I was going to manage it all in only one trip. Then I talked to my mom on the phone and she told me about how they were having a big canoe trip and weekend with friends and how sad she was that I would miss the weekend (Since I still had 2 wks to work!) After I hung up the phone, I was like, "Why don't I just drive home and surprise them! It's only 10 hours (ha ha), and I can drive all night after work Thursday and be home for a full weekend before I have to work again on Tuesday!!"

So......that is exactly what I did! Thursday am I got up early and packed, loaded down my Honda with as much stuff as I could cram, and then left for work. When I got off work at 11:45pm, I headed North on I-35.  I arrived at "Country Loven' Farm" at 9:30 am...almost 10 hours later!!! You should have seen the look on my parents and brothers faces when they saw me. (I snuck into the kitchen where everyone was, but my mom had her back to me and didn't see me. What made it more funny is, she was TALKING ABOUT ME to some friends. So I got in on the conversation. Initially everyone else saw me, but they kept quiet. When she finally turned and saw me standing at the foot of the stairs, her jaw about hit the floor. It was GREAT!!!!!)

So we all had a wonderful weekend together, and had a blast canoeing the Buffalo!! I've grown up on this famous Ozark river, but have been out West for the past few summers, so it was great to get in on the family fun again!

Now I'm in Texas for my last few days of work....then heading home one more time before I leave for CA, Korea, and more adventures. God is good...and I am sooo blessed!!

No comments: