Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Declaration...



"I'm a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of His and I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I'm done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, or first, or tops, or recognized, or praised, or rewarded. I live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by Holy Spirit power. My face is set. My gait is fast. My goal is heaven. My road may be narrow, my way rough, my companions few, but my guide is reliable and my mission is clear. I will not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice or hesitate in the presence of the adversary. I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus. I must give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes."


[Adding significance to this "Declaration" is knowing who wrote the first part of it! As the amazing and sad story goes, in 1980 a young man from Rwanda was forced by his tribe to either renounce Christ or face certain death. He refused to renounce Christ, and he was killed on the spot. However, the night before he had written the above commitment which was found in his room. As we step forward to serve Christ, some of us too may be called to be Martyrs...OR...we will be called to be "living sacrifices!" Either way...the Calling is a privilege and honor!


It's interesting to note that most of the world, even Christianity...when commissioned by an earthly King considers the call an honor. But when commissioned by the Heavenly King, they consider the call a sacrifice. May it not be a sacrifice to us, but truly an Honor of the highest degree!!]

3 comments:

Wisconsin Farmgirls said...

Thanks, Mel. I miss your wisdom and encouragement already... not to mention your smiles and hugs. Hope to see you again soon. Until then I remain your immovable little Ellerslie sister. :)

Chelsea M

Brooke Rachelle said...

Thanks for sharing Mel! Miss you!

Love Your Sis,
Brooke

Brianna said...

this is exactly how i feel . I made a decesion to follow jesus and abide in him for real and i refuse to turn back now . It gets hard but i think it will all be worth it when i hear those words.
"well done my good and faithful servent"