Friday, November 16, 2007

Wow...another week is over! It seems like they just keep zipping by faster and faster, and I can't keep track of time. And next week is Thanksgiving?? This feels so weird, especially since I wont be flying home to be with family this year. :-( But I have a lot to be thankful for here, so I shouldn't complain.

Got my schedule for my last 6 weeks at Parkview, and believe it or not, they not only gave me every Saturday off...they also gave me every Sunday off! I'm off every weekend!! What an incredible blessing!! Although I only have 5 weeks left to work now, (Today I just finished the first out of six) I am really beginning to count down the days until I'll be done and can take a breather. I'm also really looking forward to GYC and holidays with my family back home in the country and hopefully snow! (In California, you hardly ever notice a change in seasons...it's still warm and balmy!)

Has been such a fun joyful adventure to share my home with three other wonderful housemates and friends, and I realized the other day that probably many of my friends don't know my roommates. So I thought I'd share a bit more briefly about them here.

Sunny - of course, everyone should know my sweet little oriental sister Sunny. She and I share the same family in Oklahoma, as well as lots of other things, and she was an inspiration in my becoming a nurse, moving to CA (I never would have come to Loma Linda if she hadn't already been here!!), and in growing closer in my walk with God. When I first came out here, she shared her room and space with me...now I'm grateful to have her sharing my home. She works with the Loma Linda University hospital as a Nurse and is involved in ministry and leadership in our youth group. I'm dread the day that she will move on. (But I'll be happy for her too!)

Susy - is my Indian friend and was actually my first housemate here. She is a Bible Worker as well as a Registered Nurse. She is currently doing "Hospice Nursing" and I think it fits her very well as she has such a kind caring compassionate heart. When Susy is home we don't see her a lot, for she is always up in her room reading and studying her Bible.

Valerie - the newest addition to our household, is one of my best friends from childhood days in Arkansas. It's been our dream to live and work together for awhile. Valerie is currently working in the Loma Linda ER as a Registered Nurse and is enjoying making many new friends here in the area. It's been such a blessing to have her around as we share so many similar interest and dreams!

Then there's me....and everyone knows me, so that's our fearsome foursome!!! I just love living with a house of girls! And to be with a group that sincerely love God and are seeking His will in their lives is such a daily inspiration and blessing. Also gives me a taste of what Heaven may be like as we share and live and laugh and love together! So, as I come to the end of another busy, hectic, harried and stressful week....I just want to say, "Thank you Lord for not only great friends, but for three great housemates!!" God is good!!!

No comments: