Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Welcome back to Loma Linda!" At least that's what my CCBN teammates, dear roommates and a few other friends said a week ago Sunday. Yes, I am back...and although I would have loved to have some more time at home in Arkansas, it is really good to be back at my own cozy condo with my three awesome roommates!

Lots has been happening since I came back...
  • Praising the Lord for yet another $20,000 donation to CCBN for a much prayed for video server - now we can have a real professional style Internet TV site. Keep praying for us as we seek to organize and mobilize our time and resources.
  • I'm seeking to learn a new editing program that I have yet to master
  • On a sad note, good friend Jonathan just lost his dad unexpectedly last weekend. Dr. Zirkle had been a substantial influence in the community as he was a well respected doctor, the one that got the Helicopter Ambulance going for Loma Linda University, and he also started the fire dept here as well as contributing to many other needs.
  • One day Val and Jonathan needed to get away from all the commotion and funeral planning for a bit, so I was there chauffeur and drove them up into the mountains to a peaceful lake. The grave side funeral was Thursday, and I have to say it was the biggest I have ever attended. Although I never knew Dr. Zirkle, I can tell that this man was really loved!!!
  • Had a special outdoor picnic and prayer of dedication Sabbath in honor of several Advent Hope members that will be leaving us: Our roommate Susy going on a mission trip to Cambodia, two members moving out of the community to new locations, and two members going to AFCOE - Marzanna (one of CCBN's volunteers) and Dave (an attorney friend that has decided to change his career to that of "evangelism and ministry.")
  • Sabbath night we did a smaller get together and going away party for Dave. Had an awesome sundown worship with TJ leading, played some games, and just enjoyed visiting.
  • Today Val and I hiked our favorite "La Montaña de Corazón" for the first time in probably a couple months! I had some interesting spiritual insights during this hike which I'll share later...

So...that's the news in a nutshell as I jump back into the fast lane! Will post more soon...so stay tuned! :-)

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

No comments: