Thursday, January 03, 2008

Well Happy New Year Everyone!

I'm finally posting some of my BEST pics from our Christmas and New Years. (Just be thankful I'm only posting my best...not the other some 500 I took!) It's been good to be home with my Oklahoma family...and now I am preparing to go to Arkansas to spend some time with my family there. I'm still coughing and chasing a running nose...and have just been feeling pretty lousy these last two weeks, so I plan to take some extra time out to fully re-coop and get back on top of things health wise and otherwise.

Been reading through the book "Escape to God" by Jim Hohnberger. I know it's been out for a few years now, but this is the first time I've read it. Very inspiring and insightful!! It's also encouraged me in my need to get away from the hustle and bustle and busyness of life for a bit to have some more time with God and to refocus my tired brain on what's really important. I'm grateful to have a home in the country to go back to...so this will be a blessing! Even if it is the middle of winter and the most miserable time to try to hike in the Ozarks. ;-) At least there is fresh air and plenty of space...

Before I close this brief note, I must share some exciting news! Remember the friend that I mentioned from GYC that became paralyzed and spent GYC in the ICU?? Well, God has been working in amazing ways...and He has slowly been recovering. Praise God!!! He started walking again within the first week after the anointing, and last Sunday he was able to use his fingers enough to type his own blog post. Today I was even surprised by a personal e-mail from him. And tomorrow he flies back to Loma Linda with his family. (He'll be in the Rehab there which is right behind where we live there in Loma Linda!) What an amazing guy, despite his circumstances, he continues to think of blessing others. To read more about his amazing story and progress check out his blog at: http://aloha2002.blogspot.com/

Well...it's hard to believe that 2007 is now just History! I don't know what 2008 has in store, but I pray that whatever new adventures lie around the corner, that God will continue to increase my faith and my trust in Him! Undoubtedly He will do that whether I ask for it or not, right? So I might as well buckle in and look forward to the ride. ;-)

I praise God for this New Year of life, and another year ahead of opportunities to serve Him. I just pray that He will help me serve more effectively this New Year than ever before!!! Time is sooo short, and so precious, and I'm afraid that I've wasted far too much of it in the past...

"Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my soul unto thee." Ps 143:8,10,11

No comments: