Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When is the last time that you told God...."You know....that promise, all things work together for good....it really is true! I don't always understand what you are doing in my life, but I know that it is for my best....and I know I can trust you!!! You are good....always, and I praise you!!!"

I know when I stop to think about it, I don't praise God far enough....

In Psalms 100:4, It talks about "entering His gates with thanksgiving and entering His courts with praise." It doesn't say, "enter with complaining," it doesn't say "enter with your big wish list of requests!" Of course, God wants us to make great request of Him!!! He even promises, like in Psalms 2:8 "Ask of me and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance." Talk about a pretty big request. But before we enter His gates...we should be praising Him for what He has already done and is doing in our lives!!!

A song by Steve Green that has become especially meaningful to me lately, goes like this:

"You are good....always....
And in all ways,
You are working all things together for our good.
You are good....always....

In big and small ways,
I know I can trust you, in everything you do!

With the hard winds of life blowing out of control, it can feel like I’m all on my own, But you’ve given me your Word, and I know you’ll never leave, And I’ve never faced a single storm alone....

You are good....always....
And in all ways,
You are working all things together for our good
You are good...always....

In big and small ways,
I know I can trust you in everything you do!

I can’t say it’s always been a smooth open road, or turned out the way I’d prefer, But one thing I’m sure of, you’ve been faithful to me,
And I live to give you all that you deserve....All that you deserve...

You are good..... always....
And in all ways,
You are working all things together for our good.
You are good.....always....

In big and small ways,
I know I can trust you in everything you do!

Yes, I know I can trust you in everything you do!!"

I will close with this timely quote...

"We have nothing to fear for the future except that we forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history..." Life Sketches pg 196

Isn't that beautiful? Oh that we could more fully praise and trust God in everything that He does! And that we would not forget the way He has led us in the past...

No comments: