Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Hollandays!

Well Christmas in the Holland household this year was fun, yet simple as usual. We missed our Sunshine...she was stuck in California. But otherwise, it went well. Inga, Rita and I went and woke up Sandra, then wrapped her up in blankets and hauled her into Holland's room like a mummy. After they were sufficiently awake enough to go start making breakfast, we went back to Sandra's room and crawled in bed and talked. :-) Aren't we crazy? But it was fun to act like little girls again for a bit.

Breakfast was delicious, then we opened our stockings...fruit, candy, and a few small momentos made it special. After that we read the Christmas story, then went for a brisk morning walk. It was coooooold outside!!! In the 20's. The rest of the morning was spent cooking and enjoying each other's company. And the rest of the afternoon was spent recovering from the cooking (actually it was pretty tasty!) and enjoying each others company...through more walking, games, and opening a few gifts. I created a new "family game" as a gift for Holland's, and Sandra's favorite gift was a coveted jar of pickles!! The favorite for me was a cute little teddy bear that Inga got me that I'm going to name "Willi." The significance of the name (all names must be significant you know) is reminding me of the all important question "Will you trust Him?" It seems the constant daily battle in my heart is, "Will I trust God with this, will I trust him with that?" If I trust Him, then I have nothing to worry about. And that is my goal...complete trust! So, thus I have named my little friend "Will I." (Pronounced "Willy")

Now I am packed and prepared to leave for GYC (The General Youth Conference in Baltimore MD) in the early AM. I look forward to what surprises and spiritual blessings God has in store for all of us this weekend. And I look forward to spending some more time with my mom and brothers as we travel.

No comments: