Monday, December 04, 2006

Thanksgiving #2 - in Arkansas

Well, I'm back to the beautiful Ozark Country again! And it seems that I've moved to a different world. (Of course, Southern CA and Northern Arkansas are about as different as night and day!)

Although it always takes some adjusting, it's been good to be back with my family for a week. Have gotten to see lots of old friends, and meet some new ones. Had our Thanksgiving celebration on Sunday (which my parents do instead of Christmas). Daniel got a new bike, and my brothers got leather jackets, which almost matched the one I just got recently. There were other little goodies too. I felt bad that I didn't really have any money to spend on gifts for them this year. (But I guess my ticket to come home is a big enough gift!)

Besides spending time with family or helping my mom on her 4,000 coon cap order, I mostly just worked on "Creators Call" projects. Seemed like I had a hard time getting back to the central time too...as I was up till midnight most every night. (But I rationalized it away, as it was afterall only 10pm Loma Linda time!)

Had some more time for reading extra-curriculars (that has been pretty sparse the last month with all my extra shifts, traveling to and from San Diego, and moving). Almost have the "Why I left the CCM Industry" book done! Wow - talk about powerful! Just wait....I still have more to share. Also had lots of intresting Biblical discussions with my growing brothers who are quite intelligent and fast surpassing us all in height. (I'm sooo proud of them!)

The highlight of the week was that I convinced them (along with my mom) to come with me to GYC this year in Baltimore!!! I know they will be sooo radically blessed by this. And they are getting more interested in missions, so I think it will really help them in that direction. Praise the Lord.

I was suppose to fly back to CA on Friday the 1st, but due to a big snow/ice storm that came through, I cancelled the flight. And last minute, since I don't have work for the next couple weeks in CA anyway, decided to just stay here in the central USA until January. So I spent an extra weekend with my Arkansas gang, then drove over to Oklahoma on Monday where I'll put in some extra shifts at Mercy Hospital and continue to work on CCBN projects and ministries.

I miss Sunny and my Loma Linda friends...but I'm enjoying some more relaxed time at home in Oklahoma, and I know that all too soon, I will once again be saying goodbye, as I head back West.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that your brothers will be able to experience GYC this year. It's bound to be inspiring. You've got some beautiful pictures of winter scenery. No such scenes here in CA. Better enjoy the snow before you head back this direction!