Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sabbath Blessings...

Well today we decided to be un-traditional, and rather than going to church, we stayed at home and had a Bible study on Daniel. I haven't really thoroughly studied Daniel and Revelation since I was required to in highschool Bible, but have been wanting to get back to it and really understand the different prophecies for some time now.

This summer, while doing an Evangelistic series with Share-Him, I did actually preach on some of the prophecies...and that was a start, but not enough for my satisfaction. (And besides I had a script!) I want to know the Bible and prophecies and how they flow together, really know them from my heart...as well as the supporting facts and references, not just recite something I've heard all my life. (One reason I was really looking forward to attending AFCOE's intensive course!) However, since God has led me in a new direction in my life and ministry, I've realized I'm going to have to press forward on my own as I seek to build a stronger foundation of Biblical knowledge. I'm not the strongest analytical thinker in our family, so this has been a real challenge, but hopefully it will prove to be a real avenue of growth in my life spiritually. (Actually, I've no doubt it will!)

What brought about the Bible study of today? Well, last night we all got into quite the conversation about prophecy, the tests of a true prophet, and how we determine Biblical prophecy to be true. So Daniel was a logical place to start. Kinda elementary I suppose, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. This afternoon, we may do some more. But right now, we are just getting ready to enjoy some time with grandma and grandpa.

Sunny didn't make it home this weekend due to blizzards in Denver, and now wont be able to be here for Christmas. :-( It's not going to be the same without her, but I guess everything doesn't always go as hoped or planned. We're all pretty disappointed though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Studying the prophecies was the very thing that helped me to accept the Bible as true and trustworthy. I still remember when I first learned about Dan 2 in highschool -- I was amazed and shocked. Since then, the Bible has become very dear to me... Glad you had a good study session today! I am still waiting for you to get back for Revelation study... :)
I know, it's a bummer that I am missing the Christmas with you guys. Hope you take lots of pics and bring back moments to remember! Merry Christmas.