Saturday, March 13, 2010

I desire "Himself" alone...


"If any man be in Christ, He is a new creature. Old things are passed away, behold all are become new." II Cor 5:17

This is profound and a real eye-opener...

Once it was the blessing, now it is the Lord.
Once it was the feeling, now it is His Word.
Once His gifts I wanted, now the Giver own.
Once I sought for healing, now Himself alone.
Once 'twas painful trying, now 'tis perfect trust.
Once a half salvation, now the uttermost.
Once 'twas ceaseless holding, now He holds me fast.
Once 'twas constant drifting, now my anchor's cast.
Once 'twas busy planning, now 'tis trustful prayer.
Once 'twas anxious caring, now He has the care.
Once 'twas what I wanted, now what Jesus says.
Once 'twas constant asking, now 'tis ceaseless praise.
Once it was my working, His it hence shall be.
Once I tried to use Him, now He uses me.
Once the power I wanted, now the Mighty One.
Once for self I labored, now for Him alone...

Wow - what a difference, huh??

This is written by the late Dr. A.B. Simpson, and found in the book "They found the Secret" by Edman.

1 comment:

ur Harmony said...

LOVELY food for thought!!
Truly the ULTIMATE Seek & FIND
(as opposed to hide & seek)

I hope to desire Christ like this poem states...