Friday, November 17, 2006

PALS, CCBN meetings, Chest X-ray of the left Hip, and cooking up songs

Wow...what a week! (As you can tell by the heading!) Spent the first part of it juggling PALS (Pedeatric Advanced Life Support) class here at Loma Linda, along with "Creator's Call" meetings and network planning. Then I drove down to San Diego for a couple more busy days at Continental Rehab Hospital. "Can we order a chest x-ray of the left hip" one nurse asked? We were all dumb-founded. "Is that what the doctor asked for? A "chest x-ray of the left hip?" How does one order that?" :-/ Our unit manager corrected the confusion on the orders, and educated the new hiree on the proper terms. Actually, she needed an x-ray of the left hip, minus the chest part. Needless to say, we were all chuckling the rest of the day...and several days after. How about ordering a "KUB of the right ankle"? or an "EGD of the bladder"? For those in the medical field, you know the terms behind the abreviations. A KUB actually refers to "kidneys, ureters, and bladder." While an EGD is a fancy term (and one of my favorite words) which stands for Esophagogastroduedenoscopy, and in short refers to a study of the GI tract. So obviously we can't do a test on something that the test isn't for, right? But again, hey...we might could try..."anyone willing to go for a chest x-ray of your left hip?"

To more serious notes and thoughts, Creator's Call is coming along slowly. At this last week's meeting we watched part of Desmond Doss's story and took notes on how the film was made. It was very educational. Part of the team also went to a big DV-Digital Media expo in LA. I didn't make that one though, since I had to work.

Came back up to LLU last night. I'll be sooo thankful when my commute between San Diego and Loma Linda is over. Spent the day cleaning (I have to get ready, because Sunny is coming home!), went and had a meeting with one of our producers/diretors for the Health series program we are working on, and then I made an ice-cream pie for tomorrow...simply because I was too exhausted and lazy to make something more fancy. If I had my own dishes and space, it might be easier, but I am still learning where all of Sunny's equipment is. I do love to cook, but it's hard to get motivated so much when I'm by myself and always on the move. But in time, maybe we can invite people over to our place, and then it'll be a blast to cook again.

Tonight I went to the famous LL singing bands again. I think tonight was one of the best nights yet...in that we had a great group, and everyone sang, and I even got to tell a story. I love to tell children stories and be more involved, but I'm still trying to get over my "shy streak" that I have whenever I am with a new group of people. It's not the kids that make me shy, but the other young adults that I am singing with. If they weren't there or would just go away, then I'd be fine!!! But progress is being made, and thankfully they encouraged me to be a little more assertive tonight! How I love to sing. Maybe we could even start a trio or octet or something at Advent Hope, like I use to sing in at Southern. We'll see...

So...in a nutshell, that was my week, as far as events. As far as what God has been teaching me spiritually...well, that's a whole bigger story. So more on that later...I just praise the Lord for another Sabbath to spend with Him!

No comments: