Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving #1 - in Loma Linda

It's sooo good to be up at Loma Linda...and no more commuting South! :-) Yipee!! Sunny came home from India just a couple nights ago, and it's been awesome to hear her stories and see some of her pictures. Showed her how to use Vagus Movie Maker, and she put together a little slide show to show her friends today.

I spent the morning packing and organizing (fly to Arkansas in the am), and then we had a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch (and wont need to eat for the next week) at a friends place. Carlos and Dafne and Lorinda and Lucinda, and others were also there. It was a fun relaxing day. After our bellies were full, and we'd heard "love stories" of how all the couples met, we played Taboo and Dutch Blitz and other group games.

Wow - days like this make me feel really selfish and spoiled! "God, why did you allow me...out of all the millions of people in the world, to grow up with plenty of love, plenty of friends, plenty of food, and most of all - plenty of resources and encouragements to point me to You? Why me!? Why me, when there are soooo many starving and hurting around the world?"

(And this is only my first Thanksgiving for this year...This weekend in Arkansas, will be my 2nd.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun day. I was glad that you were able to spend Thanksgiving #1 with us. We do have a lot to be thankful for.