Monday, November 13, 2006

Sabbath in the mountains...

Praise the Lord for another Sabbath!!!!

Friday night was inspirational as always, as I attended singing bands. I'm actually getting to where I look forward to it every week. Get's me in a different mode of ministry in the hospital, besides popping pills or dealing with emergencies, and that is a blessing. Seeing the faces of gratefullness of the patients, seeing the emotions and tears. There are sooo many hurting and in need of courage! I'm blessed to be apart of a team of encouragers and lifter-upers!

Sabbath, I'd been looking forward to ALL week! We drove up into the mtns for outdoor church. I rode with Curtis and Janine and enjoyed getting to know them more. And since we're going to be working a lot more together in the future, that was a blessing. But most of all, it was just good to get away from all the traffic and enjoy nature. After church, and a picnic lunch, a few of us hiked on up the trail and had a special prayer group, praying for ministries we feel strongly about. It was a special time. Then on our way down, it started snowing...well, it was more like sleet...or adolescent snow that hadn't made up it's mind yet what it was! But it was awesome, none the less! Then in the evening, Brad and Amber Strothers invited a few of us over for supper, and I got to enjoy learning more about them and how God has worked in their lives. What a blessing to be with fellow believers! God is sooo good!

No comments: