Monday, September 10, 2007

Beaver and Becca come to visit!







This past Sunday, we were blessed with a visit from my longtime good friends Beaver and Rebecca Eller. They are taking a "Travel Nurse ER position" up in San Francisco as they continue to prepare to go as full-time missionaries to Mongolia with David Gates this next year.

The evening started off with smoothies and popcorn and lots of good conversation as they got to meet some of my Loma Linda friends. I also invited a few of their friends that they'd known at Southern to come by. They were very surprised, and that was fun!

Then we had worship...and they shared a slideshow, and told about the work going on in Mongolia and all the doors that God has been opening for them! Wow! It was incredible...and even though I'd heard a lot of the stories before, it gave me goose bumps and a thrill of inspiration to hear the stories again! It was getting late by the time they finished, and I expected everyone to hop up and leave...but many stuck around to talk and ask them questions, and I think they made a few new friends. And it was unanymously voted that we are going to have to have them back to speak and share at Advent Hope sometime.

What a blessing to see more and more workers preparing to enter "the work of the Harvest."

Thanks Beav and Becca for the blessing and inspiration you are!

No comments: