Thursday, September 06, 2007

Overview of South West Youth Conference at Pine Springs Ranch



Wow! How do I go about summarizing such a powerful spiritually packed weekend?? It was basically like a mini-GYC...for the Southern California youth divisions. And it was incredible!! My mind is still reverberating (is that a word?) from all that occurred. We basically maxed out the Pine Springs Ranch facilities with over 500 registered participants. (And I think more people came up on Sabbath!) We were literally out of seating room and had to send people to over-flow rooms!

Creator's Call filmed the series of meetings.....so when we catch up on the editing process, we will be uploading the meeting material to a new website that is currently in development. (Stay tuned!) We had an awesome team of CCBN volunteers together, so it was a blessing to be able to share the responsibilities of running cameras, directing programs in the control room, and keeping up with logistics. (We can think Jen for the bulk of the latter!!) I love running cameras, especially the one that captures the expressions and reactions of the audience, but I think my favorite position is "Control room director" where you are the one that tells the camera operators what you want and which shot you are using and so forth, as we capture a master copy of the filming into a "live edit" video feed. (It's also the best view in the house since you are watching through the eyes of three cameras all at once!) However, it's not the best for catching the message...and while I was immensely blessed and inspired by what I did hear....I also missed some pretty dynamic messages as well, as I directed the cameras from the back. So I'm anxious, as are a few others, to be able to re-watch what we videoed over the weekend.
As usual, there's lots more that I want to say about the weekend, the meetings and the inspiring messages.....but since I'm running short on time, I'm going to just share pictures right now, and will blog more in-depth comments later! (So stay tuned!)

No comments: