Thursday, July 12, 2007

Backpacking Cans of food, Research papers, and lots of laughter!

Interesting title for today's blog, don't you think?

Yes, the last few days have been interesting ones. For starters, Alisha ended up moving out this week, although the Florida trip did not work out! So while she's got another place that she's going to be staying for awhile, I'm still concerned about her long term goals and growth. While she seemed to soak up a lot while she was with me, she still has an appetite for the "wild life" and has struggled letting that completely go. So please continue to keep her in prayer! Hopefully she'll still be able to come back for some Sabbaths and weekends. While it's good to have my time again to focus on CCBN and my other family and friends, it's also a bit weird to not have her around all the time!

Secondly, the joke of the week has been that "Since Alisha moved out, MaryAnn and TJ have moved in!" ;-) We've been doing literally EVERYTHING together....from getting up at unearthly hours of the morning to go backpacking (with fully loaded backpacks of canned food and potatoes and any other weight we can find) here in the hills behind Loma Linda. They are training for the John Muir trail in the Sierra's, so have been allowing me train with them! It's been really cool too! I'd love to do the trail with them.....but am flying home to be with my family in Arkansas and Oklahoma during that time, so it will have to be another year! Besides hiking, we've been sharing quite a few meals, and MaryAnn has been working on a huge research paper here at our place (since we have internet and she also likes my company) for her summer class that's she's taking for the Master's program. While she's accomplished a lot, we've also had a lot of fun talking and laughing and just enjoying life! I'm sooo grateful that God has brought such special friends, as TJ and MaryAnn into my life!!

So, in a nutshell...besides catching up on some sleep and recovering from a cold/flu bug that I've been fighting the last little bit before Alisha left, and doing some summer cleaning and organizing, and trying to catch up on CCBN projects that have gotten a little ignored lately, that's been my week! Exciting as always!!! And with Potluck and a wedding shower planned to be held at our place this weekend, things promise to stay busy! But...at least I am never bored! God is good!

No comments: