Sunday, July 01, 2007

"Don't tell me what I want to hear...tell me what I need to hear!"

The "Operation Global Rain" event has been going well as our church has been gathering together each evening to pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. On my next post, I'll try to share some of my favorite latest words of inspiration on the topic of study. It's been such a blessing....and I pray this is only the beginning!

The last few days have been busy ones.....Have been working on an outline for a new program for CCBN called "Morning Sunshine" where I'll be sharing a upbeat message of hope and encouragement to help start the day off for our viewers. Am still working on a co-host! I think Maryann would be great....but she's not sure if she has time! So we'll keep praying about that! :-) Speaking of Maryann, since I didn't get to go climb Whitney this week, as hoped and planned, Maryann has been helping me stay in shape climbing the mountains around here in Loma Linda as she is preparing to go hike the John Muir trail with TJ this summer! Then this evening we even had a knock-down drag-out game of Racquetball, which was a blast! I'm out of practice, and she's still learning techniques, but she was still a tough one to play against, just the same!

Sabbath we went with Brad and Amber, friends from Advent Hope, as well as a few others, to a park in Redlands to help feed the homeless. We spent most of our time standing around singing to them or talking to them though. It was very rewarding, and they didn't want us to leave! One little Spanish girl had this cutest little baby boy that hadn't quite learned to walk. I played with him and held his hands while he took baby steps. He was sooo happy and all smiles! I was thinking on the way home that it would be fun to start a "FLAG CAMP" for kids in underpriviledged areas.....but there weren't many kids this time. (FLAG CAMP stands for "Fun learning about God" and is an activity day that we did for kids while I was at Southern. Games, songs, stories about God and some simple craft activities, etc. It was really fun! Of course, right now that is just what I need, one more thing to try to spear head.....but we'll see!)

Was halfway through my workout routine at the gym this morning when Alisha called. (She's been up in Victorville this weekend with friends, and planning to stay through the 4th of July!) But after a few days up there, she realizes that she's not happy there and wants to come "home" as she calls it! "Melody, can you come and get me?" she begged. Of course, she didn't have to beg too hard! These driving trecks back and forth up the mountain are really taking their toil on me, but how can I leave her hanging? She's decided that she's gonna give her son up for adoption (which I think is a wise descision since she's not ready in any capacity to be a "mother"), and so wants to move somewhere away from CA to make a new start with her life! We're praying about possible options! The whole ordeal has been really draining....but as I'd been recommending that she let her son have a chance at a normal home, while she didn't like it, she knew it was best. "Thanks for telling me what I needed to hear, not just what I wanted to hear!" she told me amidst tear-stained eyes the other day! (Too bad we can't all have that kind of attitude about advice and life!) "I'm sick of people just trying to make me feel better! I want help!!" she added. Yes, there is hope....one step at a time! Keep praying for Alisha!

There's lots more I could say, but it's been a long day, and I want to be fresh for an early morning start tomorrow (since that is now the only time I have to myself again!), so I am going to "hit the hay" as we say back at home!

No comments: